Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST BOUGHT 02 RAPTOR LAST WEEKEND FULL BIG GUN EXHAUST [email protected] AIR FILTER AND CARBS ARE JETTED NOT EXACTELY SURE OF SIZES THE BIKE RUNS STRONG THREW ALL THE GEARS BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT GOING FULL THROTTLE AND THEN LETTING OFF THE THROTTLE BIKE SHUTS OFF LIKE THE CARBS ARE OUT OF FUEL BUT QUICKELY WILL RESTART AND THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME. THE SECOND QUESTION I HAVE RELATING BACK TO THE CARBS IS, IT IDLES FINE BUT ONLY FOR ABOUT FOUR TO FIVE MINUTES AND THEN SHUTS OFF ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
364 Posts
SHUT OFF YOUR CAPS..........my vision is gone now and my ability to type is fading....sounds like you're simply running out of gas, check your carbs to be sure nothing is stuck and everthing moves freely. Also, be sure your tank is venting. I"m sure there is more advice.....i'm not real good with fuel related issues...but i do know if it was electrical you would be having problems through all rpm ranges so it "sounds" like its fuel related. good luck,

Max

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Hard to tell if you're in the ballpark without some guess as to the jet sizes. If you're having problems at wide open throttle then you'll need to take a look at your main jets.

As for the idle it's possible that your idle is either too low or your pilot/mix screw and corresponding idle circuit are lean. Try richening up one or the other and see if it fixes the problem. Also make sure the choke isn't staying stuck open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY GUYS THANKS ALOT FOR THE QUICK RESPONCE AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH I THING WHAT I AM GOING TO TRY FIRST IN JUST TURNING UP THE IDLE SLIGHTLY AND SEE IF THAT HELPS WITH MY TWO CONCERNS AND I WILL ALSO LOOK AT THE SPARK PLUG TO SEE IF I AM RUNNING RICH OR LEAN AND I'll GO FROM THERE. TELL WHAT U GUYS THINK THANKS

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
go to 25 pilots

1 - 6 of 6 Posts