Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2005 Raptor 660. The factory exhaust was rusted and not connected, so I purchased a Lexx exhaust and K&N air filter .. installed fine, started a little rough, but sounded great.. after I let it warm up I tried to go for a quick ride and it stalled out 100 yards in, then tried starting without me pushing the start button while rolling. I’ve noticed that problem before once when I first got it and stalled getting use to the clutch. The red check engine light came on also and is solid when starting (no flicker for a code, I think) This thing is new to me and the previous owner didn’t ride it much and put no money into maintenance. I just received the carb rebuild kit and plan to have that done at a local shop ASAP .. My question is do you feel that it’s the carb that caused it to bog out, stall and now not starting? Or adding the new exhaust is having issues or needs to be dialed in? And why does it try to start when not pushing the button? Is it trying to pop start?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.