Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking of upgrading my truck next year from a dodge ram 1500 2002 :thumbsup: to a ford f-350 ;). for those who have one have you had any real problems with it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an 04 F250 4x4 with the 6.0 diesel, 4" exhaust and the Edge with Attitude programmer, it runs like a raped ape and pulls strong, I tow a Warrior CR3705 which loaded easily weighs 15,000 lbs and it does just fine, grades are no problem and I'm happy..I have heard lots of horror stories about the 6.0, from what I gather you either get a good one, or a bad one..I got a good one luckily, I guess Ford is coming with a new diesel soon...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Stick with dodge. A cummins is hard to beat when it comes to power and performance. My dad has a 3500 4 door short bed with a chip and a exhaust. We use it to tow a 35 foot weekend warrior pulls it like it is nothing without the chip easily doing 80-85 mph all the way to salt lake.

·
Registered
188 Posts
At work we have 2- 05 F250 powerstroke pick-up trucks that keep having turbo and tranny problems,the trucks that these replaced were both 97 models and had no major problems just high mileage.I also have some friends that drive newer f-150's and are having drivetrain issues.I'm not trying to bash ford trucks ,but the last few years seems like they are having quite a few issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an 03 F-250 with the 6.0 diesel. 4" lift on 35's, 4" exhaust, Banks 6-gun. 60,000 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
684 Posts
06 Mega cab with 4 inch lift and 35's on 20's, I also have the edge juice with atitude and this thing runs great. Im going to do the trany upgrade soon I dont want to chance it.

the picture is about a week after I got it

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am a dodge man myself also! 04 hemi quad cab. But I lowered mine. If I didn't have the dodge I would have went ford. My dad has an 05 f-350 dually and that thing is a damn beast!!! I love it. Takes about an acre to turn the SOB but small price to pay.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I just bought a 06 Ram 4 door with the Hemi, love it but I work for Mercedes Benz so I go for brand loyalty. If I were to buy a diesel personaly, Duramax ;).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got an 04 Duramax that I am really happy with. You gotta love how a diesel "wakes up" with a little programming. :thumbsup:

I'm sure no matter what you go with you'll be happy. ALL the diesels out now make great power and good mileage compared to their gas fed cousins. ;) Drive them all and see which feels the best, unless your set on Ford, they do have a new diesel coming out soon if you wait.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
AK Grizz said:
I've got an 04 Duramax that I am really happy with. You gotta love how a diesel "wakes up" with a little programming. :thumbsup:

I'm sure no matter what you go with you'll be happy. ALL the diesels out now make great power and good mileage compared to their gas fed cousins. ;) Drive them all and see which feels the best, unless your set on Ford, they do have a new diesel coming out soon if you wait.
Yeah the word is it will be a cummins. Figures ford can't get there crap staright so they go and buy out a company!

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
I just bought a 06 Ram 4 door with the Hemi, love it but I work for Mercedes Benz so I go for brand loyalty. If I were to buy a diesel personaly, Duramax ;).
If you beleive in brand loyalty and work for Mercedes you should buy a Dodge with the G56 tranny since Daimler owns Chrysler.

S

·
0 Posts
2003 F250 67 thousand miles , turbo back MBRP stainless exhaust with no cat.,cold air intake, edge w/ attitude removed after truck warrenty was voided. 2 sets of injectors, 1 turbo , 2 sets of new heads. 400 miles on updated 2006 spec heads, 1 fuel pump, and 1 computer. 2006 F350 with 6000 miles, 1 set of complete heads, 3 injector holdowns and working on tranny #1. Biggest mistake I have ever made was to walk back into a ford dealer and buy my 2006. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
BadRap said:
VelociRaptor said:
If you beleive in brand loyalty and work for Mercedes you should buy a Dodge with the G56 tranny since Daimler owns Chrysler.
Mine has the 545RFE 5 speed auto in it(wanted the 3.92 gear with posi and thats all the dealer had on the lot), its close enough for brand loyalty for me :thumbsup:(10 grand off sticker does alot for selection as well lol). My truck came off the assembly line 5/31/06 at 12:41:02AM(I found the build sheet lol).

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want the baddest Diesel out there go with the Dodge, and buy an 06. The 2007 Diesels have Particulate Filters, PC-IV's (Which makes it harder for the tuners to modify) and have to run on ULSD, also Dodge and Ford have new Motors coming out next year (You don't want to be a Guinea Pig)-

Dodge/Cummins, 6.7 Inline Six based on the 5.9 (Est. 350 hp & 750 Lbs/Ft Torque) Stock, With an optional Aisin 6-speed
Auto w/2 Overdrives--->Badd-Azz
http://www.everytime.cummins.com/every/pdf/4103902.pdf

Ford/International, replacing the 6.0 with a 6.4 (Shares nothing with the 6.0, Thank God) Twin Sequential Turbos, Piezo Injectors
http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/bulletins/2007psd.php

Chevy/GMC, Duramax/Allison--Probably the best Engine/Tranny out there, put in the worst chassis on Earth :p . They are just adding a Diesel Particulate Flter to meet the new EPA regs.

For everybody's info. The 6.0 liter Ford/International is the biggest joke in Diesel engine Community (Only in production 4 years, That should tell you something right there). Believe me when I tell you, I'm a Ford man,Bleed Blue, But when it was time to get rid of the 7.3 I went with a Dodge. I need a Motor that will last more than 100,000 miles. We have three -05 Powerjokes and each one has been back to Ford at least 10 times--WTF?? Keep in mind that these are work trucks and they are driven hard (Towing Bobcats and a lot of off-road use) But that's what SuperDutys are for, Right?? 10 Headbolts on a Diesel, WTF???

Here's my Truck- 06 MegaCab 4x4, 35"x22" Nitto Terra Grapplers, 2" Leveling Kit, Volant Intake, Silverline 4" Turbo Back Exhaust (No Cat) 5"Tip, Bully Dog Triple Dog D-Loader w/ Outlook Monitor, Silencer Ring MIA. Est. HP-407 TQ-874 (This is an Ext. using my Quarter mile time saved with my Outlook monitor, I have no Idea how it calculates HP/TQ, but this is what it gave me after running a 1/4 mile)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts