Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see some nice trucks in background pics on here....

What is everyone using to haul their raptor?

I have a 2006 f150 FX4 3v 5.4 flareside longbed. Black leather and loaded, w/ sunroof
Nothing too special, i know. But its by far the nicest vehicle ive owned.

So, what does everyone else have?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
2007 red, Sierra, SLT, 2500HD, 6L, 4l60e, 4x4, extended cab, short bed, leather, heated seats, etc, etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
After purchasing a toy hauler I needed a bigger truck. Bought this 2001 2500HD 6.0 off the in law for dirt cheap and under 100,000 miles. It is in great shape and works well as a pull horse. I can't justify the cost of a diesel. I paid under $6000 for this a few years back and it still KBB at above $9000.

Green one was my old one I sold to the son. He loves it. 1998 K1500.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
After purchasing a toy hauler I needed a bigger truck. Bought this 2001 2500HD 6.0 off the in law for dirt cheap and under 100,000 miles. It is in great shape and works well as a pull horse. I can't justify the cost of a diesel. I paid under $6000 for this a few years back and it still KBB at above $9000.

Thats a good deal.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
for the time being nissan frontier. im really considering getting the new jeep wrangler when it gets the diesel next year. or something. i have really been wanting a rat rod type something that not everyone has.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2007 red, Sierra, SLT, 2500HD, 6L, 4l60e, extended cab, short bed, leather, heated seats, etc, etc.
Sounds nice. Did you buy it new? Heated and cooled seats is the 1 option i dont have in mine. Kindof a bummer on extra cold mornings.

Dang morph, thats a smoking deal! No way you can pass on that
for the time being nissan frontier. im really considering getting the new jeep wrangler when it gets the diesel next year. or something. i have really been wanting a rat rod type something that not everyone has.
I like the nissans, my buddy has a titan and it seems to be a good truck.

Theyre making a deisel jeep? Interesting. I heard they were gonna put a 6 cyl diesel in the new f150. Suppose to make like 440lbs torque, and get 30 mpg.

Man, a rat rod quad hauler would be sweet, but not feasible around here. Entrances to riding areas are too rough for anything that low. Unless im not picturing what you meaning.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Sounds nice. Did you buy it new? Heated and cooled seats is the 1 option i dont have in mine. Kindof a bummer on extra cold mornings.Dang morph, thats a smoking deal! No way you can pass on thatI like the nissans, my buddy has a titan and it seems to be a good truck.

Theyre making a deisel jeep? Interesting. I heard they were gonna put a 6 cyl diesel in the new f150. Suppose to make like 440lbs torque, and get 30 mpg.

Man, a rat rod quad hauler would be sweet, but not feasible around here. Entrances to riding areas are too rough for anything that low. Unless im not picturing what you meaning.....

Not really a low rider rat rod...maybe more like a road warrior or mad max style hauler. i have an eye on a 32 ford that has a bed on the back that a friend of mine has in a barn....if i can just get him to loosen his grips on it.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Heated and cooled seats the only way to go!!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really a low rider rat rod...maybe more like a road warrior or mad max style hauler. i have an eye on a 32 ford that has a bed on the back that a friend of mine has in a barn....if i can just get him to loosen his grips on it.
Ok, forget the jeep. This definately has my vote

·
11,045 Posts
Sounds nice. Did you buy it new? Heated and cooled seats is the 1 option i dont have in mine. Kindof a bummer on extra cold mornings.

Thanks. Yes, bought it new from a internet dealer in Idaho, Dave Smith Motors, flew me in to pick up and a great price. I saved thousands. Tell them i sent you!! I totaled my previous blue Chevy, 3/4 HD, 4x4, heated seats, etc, etc. Love those heated seats, not just in the winter, but on a sore back. I forgot to mention, my existing is also 4x4.

·
11,045 Posts
Sounds like something I would drive. And everyone get the HELL out of my way, lol. Offer to let him drive it when you're done.

I have 2 '57 Chevy PU unfinished. One is on a '85 Chevy 4x4 frame and 4in lift, 383, 350, short step side. The other I want to make a low rider, extended cab, long bed hauler. I also have a unfinished '34 Plymouth PE, 5 window coupe, suicide doors. 340 Dodge, torque flight, Duster rear end, stock independent front end. Chances are I won't finish any before my time is up.

OK, I'm starting to babble again, stop me when I do that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2017 Silverado 1500 LTe 4x4 crewcab - There is so much room in this thing! The back seat has room for days. Everyone that has ridden in it says it is one of the most comfortable trucks for trips. I wish I could have gotten the long bed, but this was the one they were offering a 48 hour deal on. I ended up paying almost 20k off MSRP. Hard to walk away from that.

It's funny. I brought it home, and my neighbor was so jealous that he went out a week later and bought almost the same f-ing truck!

·
11,045 Posts
2017 Silverado 1500 LTe 4x4 crewcab - There is so much room in this thing! The back seat has room for days. Everyone that has ridden in it says it is one of the most comfortable trucks for trips. I wish I could have gotten the long bed, but this was the one they were offering a 48 hour deal on. I ended up paying almost 20k off MSRP. Hard to walk away from that.

It's funny. I brought it home, and my neighbor was so jealous that he went out a week later and bought almost the same f-ing truck!
The Smith's keeping up with the Jones's, lol. I would have bought the Chevy but i liked the GMC bumper better.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Sounds like something I would drive. And everyone get the HELL out of my way, lol. Offer to let him drive it when you're done.

I have 2 '57 Chevy PU unfinished. One is on a '85 Chevy 4x4 frame and 4in lift, 383, 350, short step side. The other I want to make a low rider, extended cab, long bed hauler. I also have a unfinished '34 Plymouth PE, 5 window coupe, suicide doors. 340 Dodge, torque flight, Duster rear end, stock independent front end. Chances are I won't finish any before my time is up.

OK, I'm starting to babble again, stop me when I do that.
I'd like to see some pictures of them trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
11,045 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures of them trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sorry, no pictures and they are both buried behind other projects.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
I've had 3 different F-150s within the year :lol: all white.

1st was a lease that I got rid of '14 FX4 Ecoboost hard loaded.

2nd was a '13 short wide 2wd STX with the 5.0, I planned on throwing boost at it to make it a hot rod daily but then the picture of a baby came and had to get back into a 4 door

3rd and current is a '13 FX2 4door ecoboost w/black leather interior heated and cooled seats touch screen etc.

Always had a 4wd but couldn't justify the cost and lower mpg with it when I use it MAYBE once a year and more than likely didn't really need it. Love the eco's, make gobs of tq for a gas and throw a programmer (planning on it sometime) at it and will run most pickups down with ease.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had 3 different F-150s within the year all white.

1st was a lease that I got rid of '14 FX4 Ecoboost hard loaded.

2nd was a '13 short wide 2wd STX with the 5.0, I planned on throwing boost at it to make it a hot rod daily but then the picture of a baby came and had to get back into a 4 door

3rd and current is a '13 FX2 4door ecoboost w/black leather interior heated and cooled seats touch screen etc.

Always had a 4wd but couldn't justify the cost and lower mpg with it when I use it MAYBE once a year and more than likely didn't really need it. Love the eco's, make gobs of tq for a gas and throw a programmer (planning on it sometime) at it and will run most pickups down with ease.
Very jealous here. I love these new ford trucks

1 - 20 of 133 Posts