Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Sounds like something I would drive. And everyone get the HELL out of my way, lol. Offer to let him drive it when you're done.

I have 2 '57 Chevy PU unfinished. One is on a '85 Chevy 4x4 frame and 4in lift, 383, 350, short step side. The other I want to make a low rider, extended cab, long bed hauler. I also have a unfinished '34 Plymouth PE, 5 window coupe, suicide doors. 340 Dodge, torque flight, Duster rear end, stock independent front end. Chances are I won't finish any before my time is up.

OK, I'm starting to babble again, stop me when I do that.
Dez what better time to get started than after your all healed up!! Then you can haul your quads out to glammis with the 57 oh yeah :devil

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My raptor hauler is an 01 GMC Sierra 2500HD that I bought new 17 years and 2 months ago today (Nov 11th 2000).
6.0L 4L80E 4:10's with 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's. Fully loaded, charcoal leather, heated seats, etc.

Just rolled 89K Km (55K Miles) on it the other day. :0

Damn chimba, that thing still looks new!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I had a 97 ram sport as well. It was an extended cab 4X4. That thing did fantastic in the mud.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a 97 ram sport as well. It was an extended cab 4X4. That thing did fantastic in the mud.

I miss that old truck. The 318/360 was a great engine. I've thought about getting another just to leave hooked up to a trailer for the quads.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I miss that old truck. The 318/360 was a great engine. I've thought about getting another just to leave hooked up to a trailer for the quads.
Same here man. Mine had a 360. The transmission was the downfall of that truck. Super solid otherwise though.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
It wasn't a truck, but I had a 318, 2 barrel, auto with shift kit and headers in my '68 Plymouth Sports Satellite. My friends would get po'ed when I beat their 350, 4 barrel, 4 speed Nova's. I had the car for 14 years and sold for more then I paid for it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It wasn't a truck, but I had a 318, 2 barrel, auto with shift kit and headers in my '68 Plymouth Sports Satellite. My friends would get po'ed when I beat their 350, 4 barrel, 4 speed Nova's. I had the car for 14 years and sold for more then I paid for it.
Yeup! That block had a lot of potential for what it was. The 340 even more so than the others. The 2nd gen rams did suffer from the 46re trans (more so in the 4x4 than 2wd configurations) and intake plenum leaks (easily fixable). Even though my father works for Ford I am not really brand loyal, we like them all!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

My buddy hauls us up normally in his 6.0 powerstroke. Thing is ridiculous, has a big turbo, studs, and all the bulletproofing goodies (he's a diesel mechanic) it's sort of a sleeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to haul up in my gas 6.0 Silverado, but we like the diesel better for towing

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts

My buddy hauls us up normally in his 6.0 powerstroke. Thing is ridiculous, has a big turbo, studs, and all the bulletproofing goodies (he's a diesel mechanic) it's sort of a sleeper

I used to haul up in my gas 6.0 Silverado, but we like the diesel better for towing
That's a great green. Is it factory?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
That's a great green. Is it factory?

Haha no, it's a cheapo Maaco paint job. It was a lawn care truck before, hence the color. It came into my buddy's shop with blown head gaskets and a cracked head. The guy didn't have the money to fix it so my buddy bought it cheap and did all the work

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Here is a not so snow covered pic from camping.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
Great off topic thread start 4stroker!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well thanks morphrider. Man, that is too good of a picture. It almosts looks like you Photoshoped the truck into a landscape photo! Lol. All kidding aside, i love that longbed. Is that an 8 ft? On my specific truck the longest offered is my 6.5 ft sure, maybe 8 ft would be a bit of a hog on a quad cab, but F it!

·
Super Moderator
7,801 Posts
I zoomed in on one of my pics that has the TH and everything around it to focus on the truck. This thing as an extended cab, long bed is a whale when it comes to turning radius. I thought I would want a quad cab as well, but sheesh it would be a major Orca then.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol. Yeah, our work rig is like that. Idk about the chevys, but i think ford may use a couple different configurations. Example being that the work rig i drive, (which is a quad cab f250 6.5 ft bed) will get you in an Austin Powers situation pretty quickly. But my personal truck, the one from my original post, can easily be parked at the mall. They are both fords, both quadcabs, both longbeds. They are same length parked side by side, i dont know what gives

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Damn chimba, that thing still looks new!

Thanks man,

I am an auto detailer, so my truck and Camaro are my rolling business cards. :)

I guess you could say I am "GMC 4 LIFE!!"

My first truck. 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Reg Cab Long Box. 3" body lift and 33's.

Second was an 89 GMC Jimmy with a 3" body lift and 35's.

Before I bought the HD I had a 94 Yukon GT with a 3" body lift and 33's. I miss this one the most. :frown

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Here’s mine, and my furry family.

It’s a 2004 f250 6.0psd.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 104 Posts