Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Not a truck but loaded friends atv once haha thats about it. Used for all kinds of towing. Sometimes even my brothers wrecked cars that he keeps parking in a wall or trying to do 360 in the air. And in the end its a lamborgini so yeah.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Here is my ‘13 eco. Has 3% tint and a 2” drop in the rear.

Went from lifted to lowered

My old mustang too, sure do miss that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering how my FX2 would look with a 2" drop in the rear. Did you have to reshim the pinion angle or anything?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dez, my dad restores/builds streetrods for people. He’s had a 48 Chevy p/u he restored for himself, drove it for years. Now he’s got 3 68’ Cameros he put together, for the last 10yrs he and my uncle have been trophy sluts, hitting every car show in the tristate area. If you where only 20 hrs or so closer I’d scoop up my old man and come help with the pickups.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
Dez, my dad restores/builds streetrods for people. He’s had a 48 Chevy p/u he restored for himself, drove it for years. Now he’s got 3 68’ Cameros he put together, for the last 10yrs he and my uncle have been trophy sluts, hitting every car show in the tristate area. If you where only 20 hrs or so closer I’d scoop up my old man and come help with the pickups.

In the past I had a '57 Chevy 4dr, no title, (long story) and put the 283 motor, trans, rear end in a '51 Hillman, (looks like a Anglia). '37 Chevy 409, 4sp, '35 Plymouth 4dr, a dirt track racer I flipped, a few '55 Chevy PU's, '54 Chevy PU, 4sp granny, VW Safari camper van, VW and Pinto powered sand buggies, and more that slip my mind. Down to two '57 Chevy PU and '34 Plymouth my grandson will inherit.. Not to mention modern cars and trucks. My favorites were the Hillman and '68 Plymouth Sports Satellite.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
In the past I had a '57 Chevy 4dr, no title, (long story) and put the 283 motor, trans, rear end in a '51 Hillman, (looks like a Anglia). '37 Chevy 409, 4sp, '35 Plymouth 4dr, a dirt track racer I flipped, a few '55 Chevy PU's, '54 Chevy PU, 4sp granny, VW Safari camper van, VW and Pinto powered sand buggies, and more that slip my mind. Down to two '57 Chevy PU and '34 Plymouth my grandson will inherit.. Not to mention modern cars and trucks. My favorites were the Hillman and '68 Plymouth Sports Satellite.
Sounds like a lot of fun and burning rubber!!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Not a truck but loaded friends atv once haha thats about it. Used for all kinds of towing. Sometimes even my brothers wrecked cars that he keeps parking in a wall or trying to do 360 in the air. And in the end its a lamborgini so yeah.

Sweet lambo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice Ecoboost,with a Few mod's those can be made Pretty Quick.

This is my 01 Lightning,although since it's getting rebuilt again,My 99Lightning (fully built as well) is doing all the Hauling now a Days.

Oh an Hi, I'm New to the Forum ,Just picked up my 05 660 Yesterday,i traded a pretty well built an bored Trx400ex. an although it was a nice quad.I'm loving the Raptor,its only the 660 but it feels alot more responsive right out the gate than my built 440ex or even my old Trx700xx.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Nice Ecoboost,with a Few mod's those can be made Pretty Quick.

This is my 01 Lightning,although since it's getting rebuilt again,My 99Lightning (fully built as well) is doing all the Hauling now a Days.

Oh an Hi, I'm New to the Forum ,Just picked up my 05 660 Yesterday,i traded a pretty well built an bored Trx400ex. an although it was a nice quad.I'm loving the Raptor,its only the 660 but it feels alot more responsive right out the gate than my built 440ex or even my old Trx700xx.
Welcome! And great pic ;)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Hahaha. I just got that. God im slow....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Don't feel bad because I'm apparently slower than you are. I didn't even know there was a hidden meaning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts
Which licence is required for silverado? Normal car one or truck one?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
Which licence is required for silverado? Normal car one or truck one?
Just a regular drivers license. Vehicle license is different for trucks and based part on tonnage. Trucks pulling car, boat or travel trailers are a regular drivers license. Buses and big commercial trucks, (tractors) pulling big trailers require a commercial license.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just a regular drivers license. Vehicle license is different for trucks and based part on tonnage. Trucks pulling car, boat or travel trailers are a regular drivers license. Buses and big commercial trucks, (tractors) pulling big trailers require a commercial license.
A tiny bit off topic.

I'm in our local fire fighting department (not professional) and we are looking for a chassis for our new truck (more of a SUV, all terrain vehicle ..) for next year. It has to be 4x4 and regular drivers licence. I have truck licence but many others don't. Other departments have Ford F150. Its not bad but since we have free hands on choosing I'd go for something that is more capable has higher payload and still falls under normal licence. It will be used for forest fires, floods, difficult demanding terrain, road ,... you name it.
I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
A tiny bit off topic.

I'm in our local fire fighting department (not professional) and we are looking for a chassis for our new truck (more of a SUV, all terrain vehicle ..) for next year. It has to be 4x4 and regular drivers licence. I have truck licence but many others don't. Other departments have Ford F150. Its not bad but since we have free hands on choosing I'd go for something that is more capable has higher payload and still falls under normal licence. It will be used for forest fires, floods, difficult demanding terrain, road ,... you name it.
I'm open to suggestions.
I dont know what yall have on the other side of the ditch or what requirements/limitations of yalls standard driver licence is or if you need special endorsements. You could get a SHERP, Chevy/Ford/Dodge 2500/3500, Toyota pick up of some sort.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
A tiny bit off topic.

I'm open to suggestions.
More capable than a f150? LOL!

Im sorry, but you pushed my FORD button. Now that ive had some time to settle down, i will simply ask

"is there a more capable 1/2 ton pickup?"

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/chevy-silverado-vs-ford-f-150

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 104 Posts