Raptor Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would never have a red vehicle but that looks killer man.

Well I'd have a 2000 Ford mustang cobra r. But my broke ass could never afford one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Sounds like what my dad would say, “you know the cops always pull over the red cars first right?”

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Thanks man. Sounds like what my dad would say, “you know the cops always pull over the red cars first right?”
Hey man, just so you know, cops always pull over red cars first.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I agree with that actually, although I had a purple 745i when I was younger and that attracted way more cops than the red ever has. Or maybe it was all the smoke and loud music. Good times.

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
Hmmm, my Camaro is the Monterey maroon, close enough to Red. That was the last ticket I got for speeding (duh, Camaro...)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Not a chevy fan here, but even i can admit that is a damn nice truck. Wanna trade? Or morph? Id trade you too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Don't tell me you're a Ford and Honda guy -_-

LMFAO!!! You know me too well J. At least i like raptors though eh?

Reactions: jsanders347

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Not a chevy fan here, but even i can admit that is a damn nice truck. Wanna trade? Or morph? Id trade you too!

To 38, and morph: good thing you didnt trade... the ol ford broke down today
Don't tell me you're a Ford and Honda guy -_-

Feeling discouraged right now! Lol

Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
789 Posts
They all have their ups and downs. Don’t fret!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
To 38, and morph: good thing you didnt trade... the ol ford broke down today Feeling discouraged right now! Lol

What's going on with it?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
What's going on with it?

It started running super rough with no power and sounded like a freaking diesel at idle. Very poor inconsistent dying idle that is. If it was in town i prolly could have limped it home but i was 1.5 hours away on an interstate highway. It threw codes for a camshaft position senser/over retarded and a misfire on cylinder #5

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
It started running super rough with no power and sounded like a freaking diesel at idle. Very poor inconsistent dying idle that is. If it was in town i prolly could have limped it home but i was 1.5 hours away on an interstate highway. It threw codes for a camshaft position senser/over retarded and a misfire on cylinder #5

Hopefully it's just the cam position sensor.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Hopefully it's just the cam position sensor.

That would be nice, those are only about $25 each. I unplugged them both when it happened and it made no difference though

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
That would be nice, those are only about $25 each. I unplugged them both when it happened and it made no difference though

If they failed and you unplugged them there shouldn't be no change, right? Or am I thinking wrong?

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
When you unplug them it will throw a code and show a check engine light. But since the pcm doesnt know where the cam position is, the cam phasers wont have variable timing. Meaning it should run right but not get the best fuel mileage possible. Since there was no change it shows that the sensors are not the reason it was running poorly

Reactions: jsanders347
121 - 133 of 133 Posts