Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my friends have 06' TRX250EXs and want to know what H.P. they are? I'm guessing around 15 or so. Anybody know for sure? Also, what mods are available for them? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Not sure on the exact but Id say 15 is a bit high.

If remember right a warrior has about 18 and a 300ex around 16 so it will be under them.

Basic mods work for all. Pipe,filter open air box and rejet should be first. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
300ex has about 16-17, old honda 250X has about 15, and without having seen any kind of dyno run on one I'd have to say that the 250EX was about 13.

This is rwhp of course, add 15-20% for crank hp.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the most HP you can squeeze out those lil' suckers without opening up the motor?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
k5ride said:
What is the most HP you can squeeze out those lil' suckers without opening up the motor?
I can't speak from experience on this one but with a carb pipe and filter I think you'd be hard pressed to break 18hp if that.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The 250X was a great machine in it's time, still a better bike than any currently available mass produced 250 class 4 stroke IMO.

Suzuki should remedy that soon, maybe even this year. ;)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That 18hp is prolly on a really good day too huh? :) They are wanting to do the big three but don't like the price it costs. They're not happy with the power of those 250's any more since they rode my Raptor! LOL! Ever since then they have been wanting to mod there's up. I told them nothing short of a engine swap would get them even close to mine. Is it even worth it to do the big three on those lil' shits? Keep in mind that my buddies are both 21, and IMO I think they just need to sell what they have and buy bigger quads instead of worrying about messing with what they have now.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The 600 dollars they'd spend on a pipe/filter/jet kit would go a long way towards getting them a used 400 or older 660. There aren't going to be astronomical gains with these mods like there was with the 660, the 250EX uses the motor from the recon and it's only designed to get you where you want to go, not get you there fast.

So I agree, not really worth it to modify these bikes. But a new set of tires that aren't balloon like will really help with handling and can improve speed/power as well.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
But a new set of tires that aren't balloon like will really help with handling and can improve speed/power as well.
Man I hate those tires! You would think that a "beginner" type quad would have better handling than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts