Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on the best setup to run on my 700 for racing the 300 foot drags. It's really consistant but only runs a 5.77 and up. reallly seems to bog out of the hole but the torque pulls it through. it has gytr pipe k&n pipe and filter trinity fuel tuner. I've been starting in 2nd and when the track is thick it really booooooggggs. I am 220 #s and I know lose weight and it would be faster.. lol What are some good settings for the Trinity optimizer? change gearing? larger front sprocket start in 1st? smaller front sprocket stay starting in 2nd? Help please! oh I'm running the 8 paddle haulers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
almost stock so better try with some stock tires or at least any tire thats no paddles.

·
Registered
267 Posts
go to a 40 in the back. switch to duals. that is great drag set up on my 06 with a stock motor (though i was setting it up for my gf not for drag racing, just happend to work out). i can run 450's all day long on it, though it lacks on the top end. for what your doing it wont hurt you one bit. im 195 and i can take off all day long in 2nd with out ever bogging, uphill, downhill, sidways etc.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
If your looking for some good times in the 300' drags your setup all wrong. Your so close to stock it's basically a trail bike. Here's a list of parts you will need. And contact DL700 ( high desert dyno ) for more advice!

Barker or DMC dual exaust
powercommander 5 or 3
dynatek ignition with DL700 custom curves
dynatek coil/ with iridium plug
White knuckle 54mm throttle body with intake or atleast a +3TB and FCI intake
CP 11.1 or tech 11.5.1 piston will still be pump gas safe with enlarged valve releifs.
Or any CP piston with higher compression but you'll need to run a mix of vp110 race gas
Web4 cam or the hdd5050 cam but if your only doing drags then go with the web4. If you still trail or dune ride then go with the HDD5050.
You will need to contact DL700 for the necessary rocker arm and cam bearing seat clearancing to run either of those cams.
Racers edge or DL700's port n polish with +2 exaust valves.
Falicon or carillo crank. (welded)
Lockout clutch
+4 or longer swingarm
22-11-8 10-12 paddles superlight haulers B2B buff (72 rollout)
As I said contact DL700 over at high desert dyno and tell him your needs and he will taylor your build to your needs :beer:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Any tips on the best setup to run on my 700 for racing the 300 foot drags. It's really consistant but only runs a 5.77 and up. reallly seems to bog out of the hole but the torque pulls it through. it has gytr pipe k&n pipe and filter trinity fuel tuner. I've been starting in 2nd and when the track is thick it really booooooggggs. I am 220 #s and I know lose weight and it would be faster.. lol What are some good settings for the Trinity optimizer? change gearing? larger front sprocket start in 1st? smaller front sprocket stay starting in 2nd? Help please! oh I'm running the 8 paddle haulers.
Well something is wrong then cause im 260 and can barely keep the front on the ground when launching in second @ half or less throttle its always trying to loop out on me with 20" sand stars, try a better pipe intake and fuel controller

1 - 6 of 6 Posts