Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been there? I live in the hudson valley region of ny (orange county) and a lot of ppl head all the way up there to ride. They tell me you can legally ride roads and there are restraunts along the trails as well as lodging with places to leave your atvs. Sounds like a lot of fun but id like to get some details before I make the big trip. Whats really up there???

·
Registered
824 Posts
i just started a thread about that place.

guys at my work go there alot, and i just talked to my friend tonight about it, to double check about having to pay to ride there and you dont have to pay.

and yes he said that you can ride on the roads there legally and theres resturants u can just drive to on the way of ridding.

my freind just went in NOV before the snow came and he said him and the guys at work parked at a place called martys pub and grub (i think thats how its said) and u can just unload there and ride off, he said the owner (marty) was nice too.

theres a site for his place that might give more info, and theres a few other sites out there that has info.

im goin up there in may (as long as winter leaves :lol: )

·
Registered
383 Posts
E-mail John Mcgraw from Tug Hill Wheelers, its a riding club up there but he should be very informative. He's out of Copenhagen (Lewis County).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I live in Tug hill , I work for tug hill tours in the summer part time as a guide so if you ever want to head up here for a ride let me know , I be more then happy to show you around.

·
Registered
824 Posts
6-6-0-R said:
I live in Tug hill , I work for tug hill tours in the summer part time as a guide so if you ever want to head up here for a ride let me know , I be more then happy to show you around.
hey, ill let you know when i head up there.

Also some guys at work was talking about they have sand pits there? when my friend went in nov. he never made it to them, so just wondering what they were like?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes , we had a nice sand area but nothing major , it is now off limits to ATV's altough it can be open by May if the town meetings go our way.

·
Registered
824 Posts
6-6-0-R said:
Yes , we had a nice sand area but nothing major , it is now off limits to ATV's altough it can be open by May if the town meetings go our way.
make it go your way then :lol:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
SIC said:
6-6-0-R said:
make it go your way then :lol:
+1

:grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i am ready +1 for me to :thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I went for a scheduled ride put on buy a local club (snirt run).First time riding there. As for the trails mostly road riding with alot of water(run off).A bunch of us where following a pack of riders and the trail was not really marked correctly which lead us into the DEC officers hiding around a courner.That lead to a $100-130 dollar fine for about 40-50 riders.There are stops at restaurants to eat and drink but the fine sucked.Just another money maker for the state and county.If you go read the map very well!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Damn that gotta suck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you talking about the past snirt run ? as in April of 2007 ? if so , the NYDEC only wrote 4 citations that day and 4 only. There were 1,497 riders registered for the snirt run. Trails were clearly marked on the map they gave to everyone when you registered. It was one of the best snirt runs and turn out then any other year up here , I thought there was to much snow for the 2wd riders but other then that it was great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I went for the 2006 run.When the dec officers were done with us another pac of riders were coming threw and got pulled over.Just plain BULLSHIT in my opinion.It will take me awhile to go back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
uetzie said:
I went for the 2006 run.When the dec officers were done with us another pac of riders were coming threw and got pulled over.Just plain BULLSHIT in my opinion.It will take me awhile to go back.

well sounds like you had a bad experience and the DEC have backed off slightly with giving citations for being on the wrong trail , because it is poorly marked but you must follow the map , I hope we see you back on the hill next April for the 2008 run and I work as a guide up here so your more then welcome to come with my group.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I will thank for the invite and try it next year with you as my guide.I'll try and talk all my buddies into the ride.They also got expensive tickets.I'll contact you before the ride.Thanks. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts