Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 YFZ that I have had tuning issues with ever since I got it. It has a 45 pilot in it right now and a 175 main. At a 45 pilot the bike starts only when its warm, and will rev to the rev limiter all by itself and with a 52 pilot, the reving issue is all cleared up but the bike will only pull start. When we were in NC (about 4-5 thousand feet higher) the bike would ALWAYS start like a charm and no reving issues. But when I got back down here I put bigger pilots in it hoping to have the same effect that I had in NC but it still wouldnt start and I went up 4 pilot jet sizes. I cant figure it out and I am sooo tired of messing with it. The other thing is, how fast does a YFZ turn over? Compared to our two 660's, my family all agrees that my YFZ turns over about only half as fast as the raptor and a new starter was recently put in. Any thoughts or comments? Thank you!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The YFZ should turn over starting wise about the same as a Raptor engine......

As far as pilots, stock is 42 and if there is some work to the engine you can be as high as a 48 pilot jet...........

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that there was work done but I honestly have no way of knowing. I do believe that there was work done since it has such big jets in it and it turns over so slow. What should I do about my jetting issue? If I go low pilot it starts but has a crazy revving issue and too high the rev issue is completely gone but it wont start. But like i said, in NC it started great and ran like a champ

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was told that there was work done but I honestly have no way of knowing. I do believe that there was work done since it has such big jets in it and it turns over so slow. What should I do about my jetting issue? If I go low pilot it starts but has a crazy revving issue and too high the rev issue is completely gone but it wont start. But like i said, in NC it started great and ran like a champ
Which pilots caused which problems...........

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will start with a 45 but has the revving issue and with a 52 it wont start but the rev issue is gone. In NC it would start and run great with a 50 pilot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts