·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can buy a turbo for a rappy 700?!! :3question:

·
Registered
26 Posts
theres a couple of guys on here that have posted on here try a search!mines turbo butits all custom made by me!!try to get a hold of marty700 i think he knows this place in utah where he got his at dont know how its worked he told me last his manifold cracked at 4sw's and able to mash on it!!good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: HOLY SHI^!! I just found a nitrous system and a turbo for the raptor 700's!! I didn't even know that they made these things!! Does anyone here have turbo or nitrous on their raptor 700? and if so, is it actually practical for riding on anything else but a quarter mile track? dosen't seem like it... :wtf:

·
Registered
412 Posts
milfman said:
:eek: HOLY SHI^!! I just found a nitrous system and a turbo for the raptor 700's!! I didn't even know that they made these things!! Does anyone here have turbo or nitrous on their raptor 700? and if so, is it actually practical for riding on anything else but a quarter mile track? dosen't seem like it... :wtf:
A link might be nice ... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm, yes, please ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a turbo 700, but it is getting redone right now. They rushed it the first time around so i could take it to dumont, but the header cracked before i could give it hell. I was taking it easy to break in the motor. It was brand new. The reason it cracked was it was stainless welded to mild steel. They would have used all stainless, but didnt have time to wait for the tubing. They are finishing up this week and I should have some good dyno numbers soon. Ill keep ya posted.... If you want to get seriouse about making it fast with a turbo I would recomend doing a stroker crank just to get the stronger rod.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was using a Garret GT 12 on the system I made for myself. I took it off cuz it pinged(even on 104 race gas) and the A\F ratio went too lean in the upper rpms.

I need something to retard the timing, and a bigger injector. So far ive come up with NOTHING>

Any leads and Id put that bitch back on there.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Glamis700 said:
I was using a Garret GT 12 on the system I made for myself. I took it off cuz it pinged(even on 104 race gas) and the A\F ratio went too lean in the upper rpms.

I need something to retard the timing, and a bigger injector. So far ive come up with NOTHING>

Any leads and Id put that bitch back on there.
maybe propane? i know alot of 3000gt and dodge stealth twin turbo owners who were making alot of power all had propane tanks in the trunk to stop the knocking and tapping. look into www.3si.org

·
Registered
125 Posts
this also looks pretty cool.
Here is a photo of our prototype supercharged Raptor. Procharger made a small blower just for this project. We keep getting sidetracked on the project. We both have real jobs. Our target Price was $2999.00 and 80 RWHP. Still don't know if it can be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn, a supercharger?!! That sounds like it would be more practical for an atv (no turbo lag), but i kinda don't like that exposed belt. PLEASE let me know when you guys finish it up... :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
that pick is the prototype the guys that are building this kit said that they work full time jobs so dont have much time to complete it. hopefully we will see this kit available soon....i know i want one. i believe the builders name is superchargemyride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
marty700r said:
I have a turbo 700, but it is getting redone right now. They rushed it the first time around so i could take it to dumont, but the header cracked before i could give it hell. I was taking it easy to break in the motor. It was brand new. The reason it cracked was it was stainless welded to mild steel. They would have used all stainless, but didnt have time to wait for the tubing. They are finishing up this week and I should have some good dyno numbers soon. Ill keep ya posted.... If you want to get seriouse about making it fast with a turbo I would recomend doing a stroker crank just to get the stronger rod.
thats crazy mine is stainless to a mild steel flange and its help up real good i guess its just the rod they use to weld it. good luck on that marty!! hey glamis still working on that timing retard system was gonna get that RADRAP controller but that fell through i talk to kam from KBR and he was waiting for a prototype aswell and that fell of the face of the earth back to the drawing board i guess!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
YFZ RAPTOR 700R said:
this also looks pretty cool.
Here is a photo of our prototype supercharged Raptor. Procharger made a small blower just for this project. We keep getting sidetracked on the project. We both have real jobs. Our target Price was $2999.00 and 80 RWHP. Still don't know if it can be done.

LOL I'm going to call up the guys at Whipple and Kenne Bell so they can see this. You never know, if it will bring a profit they might wanna jump on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A properly setup turbo might be the perfect thing for the raptor, it already kinda runs like a diesel, and we all know what the turbo has done for those :grin_nod: This is too cool :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey marty hows your bike coming along?? should be out in feb. for 4sw's hope to see you their!! 8)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.