Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard alot about this place and that it's 2300 acres and on good days it can normally have 4-5 thousand riders. Has anyone ever rode here ? I'm told it's the best place around here and the weather kept me from goin tomorrow plus it's my b-day and don't wanna make a 2hr drive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Make sure to give them a ring before haulin down here. Apparently they will close after a couple of hard rains. I guess trying to cut down on erosion. They didn't use to do this. Of course you use to be able to ride for free also. Just a heads up for you

Their number
1-270-924-2000

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
We made a trip there last summer and had a good time. Definately worth a trip. I wouldnt want to see 4 to 5 thousand people there though, you would be running over each other lol

I say there was about 100 riders there the day we rode and it was a nice saturday (kinda hot but nice).

Like someone else posted you can call or check on the web site to make sure they are not closed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is actually part of the Land Between the lakes area. We ride there all the time. It is well worth the trip but definately call before you haul, they close for rain all the time.

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's been a while since I started this thread, since then i made one trip down there and loved it, i rode for 9hrs and was totally worn out. The heat trails that are like 30 foot wide were full of jumps and i was 4th-5th gear alot....i loved it, will visit again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
forecast is calling for rain saturday

think they'll close the whole weekend?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would definately call before you go there this weekend, I live close to Turkey Bay, and we have had plenty of rain all week. I wouldnt be surprised if they shut it down. Beleive me I have the mistake of going without calling plenty of times, but wont do it again. Would hate to see someone from out of town make the drive, just to find out it is closed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
thorDAN said:
forecast is calling for rain saturday
Yeah but what do meteorologist know? I think this time of year they use the dart board method to predict.

jc700R said:
I would definately call before you go there this weekend, I live close to Turkey Bay, and we have had plenty of rain all week. I wouldnt be surprised if they shut it down. Beleive me I have the mistake of going without calling plenty of times, but wont do it again. Would hate to see someone from out of town make the drive, just to find out it is closed. :thumbsup:
http://www.lbl.org/TrailsUpdate.html

Not closed yet. I'm probably going to call this evening to make sure.

jc700r where are you from?? I'm only about a 20 min. drive from Turkey.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey jc700r and sofaking where do you all live??

I'm in KY as well. Russell County, if you dont know where it is you may have heard about the wolf creek damn and them lowering lake cumberland to work on it? thats where I live. Im not sure if you all seen my other post but a few of us are going to black mountain on the 18th of next month if you all are around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
man im on the other side of ky....like 10mins from WV...you all need to come to the sticks for some good riding...

·
Registered
35 Posts
You very close to Harlin co.? where heading up there to go to blackmountain next weekend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
anyone going on may 19th or 26th?

gotta ease the itch to go again
and gonna try to introduce another friend and make a turkey-head out of him

·
Registered
138 Posts
gonna have to miss out 26th

think they'll be open monday?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
hell i didnt even know they had a riding park out there. i may have to make the trip this spring

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.