Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if there is any way to improve turning radius without grinding bump stops and why it seems the raptor has so much ackerman angle. I used to have a 400ex and dont remember it having nearly the ackerman angle the raptor does. The main issue I am having is pulling out of a drift. It seems to be steering related. I have kenda kutters front and rear. They are 21 and 20's respectively. Any light shed on this would be super.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have no problem pulling out of drifts, maybe you just have to get use to the raptor

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I was just curious if there is any way to improve turning radius without grinding bump stops and why it seems the raptor has so much ackerman angle. I used to have a 400ex and dont remember it having nearly the ackerman angle the raptor does. The main issue I am having is pulling out of a drift. It seems to be steering related. I have kenda kutters front and rear. They are 21 and 20's respectively. Any light shed on this would be super.
i have no problem pulling out of drifts, maybe you just have to get use to the raptor
I agree with the above post, steer into the skid that usually helps. Don't have issues getting into a skid or out of one. What is happening to make this come about?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Have you changed your handlebars? I had a set of Fly bars on mine and it had great follow through on the turns, but always seemed to lack in the turning area. I upgraded to a set Pro-Taper SE bars and I swear it turns on a dime now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have stock bars and it just seems that i can ride a fine line but if it starts to come around too much i cant pull back out of it. One of the first things I did when I got it was crank the preload up a bit cause im 275lbs. I went ahead and loosened up the front a little because my sag was off but the back seemed fine. Im not sure if its suspension or steering related or if it is just me getting used to it but I have been riding for about 9 years now and I hope its not me. Any suspension settings that might cause more push or lack of steering on the raptor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts