Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done alot of research on the Tusk clutch. Some people say that it is "great" and some people say it "sucks" and then some people say, "you get what you pay for". Do people do not adjust it right, so it burns out? :eek:

So what im asking is, is it that bad, because im on a tight budget and need another clutch.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
2yrs on the tusk clutch in my banshee with no problem and I slip the clutch a lot on that thing. On a budget I would try it but its just me I guess

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been using tusk clutches for years on all kinds of bikes with great results, unlike Barnetts, which have only given me grief (and an empty wallet). I recomend these clutch kits to everyone.
But make sure you dip them in clean oil at least overnite. This is a really important step. Don't just take them out and give them a film of oil before putting them in. They need to get soaked.
Sometimes when they get really, really hot you may lose your clutch until they cool again. I have only experience this on my 300EX tho, non of my other bikes has done this.
After cooling down they work as if nothing happened, no slipage or anything.
They are the only clutches I use on my Raptor, YFZ, KX250F Hybrid blaster, ATC250R, ATC350X and 300EX. Even on my Hinson basket 250R. Not to mention I use it on all my friends and clients Bikes and ATV's.
And for the price, you can't go wrong.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

TORKER.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with the Tusk clutch. I've heard more good then bad about them. I'll give it a shot and let ya know.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Mine lasted me 24 hours of ride time using a lockup in my 700. Barely made it back to camp it was slipping so bad. Missed out on the last day of riding on a dune trip because of it. It took me hours to clean out all the chunks of clutch inside my cases. I'll never buy another one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check out the Vito's Kit...$69.95 with HD Springs and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I have one in waiting for when my stock clutch dies.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If your stock steels aren't too blued you can re-use them to save a few bucks. Fibers are $7-8each, and you can get heavier springs from about $25-30. FYI

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just one more question, SEGkAST: you said you can get the fibers and save money. What are the best fibers? Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Just ordered them through Yami, put an R6 clutch in mine ;)

Depends on the prices you get too, at $7/ea you might find a better deal on some kits

1 - 11 of 11 Posts