Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this from RMatv and when i stand my bike up it leaks out of that straw. Is this suppose to happen or what?

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's an open vent, so yep... If you're going to stand it up, make sure your tank is low or that you pinch that hose shut with something.

This is why the stock gas cap hose goes up to the steering stem. It keeps the opening up above the gas tank, so you get no syphon effect.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nwquadriders said:
It's an open vent, so yep... If you're going to stand it up, make sure your tank is low or that you pinch that hose shut with something.

This is why the stock gas cap hose goes up to the steering stem. It keeps the opening up above the gas tank, so you get no syphon effect.
thanks alot man

·
Registered
779 Posts
shouldn't those things have a check valve on them? air goes in, not out?

·
Registered
66 Posts
u r right that it should have a check valve on it. mine does and it does not leak at all. I wouls call RMATV and talk to them since that is where I got mine and it came with the check valve

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
Mine ddn't come with a check valve. I just put the stock cap on when I stand it up.
did you buy yours from rmatv too?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
armety said:
I purchased the 7 dollar vent tube from RMATV made by Tusk and it is checked
isnt that the same one that comes with the tusk gas cop

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, I purchased mine from Rmatv and it came with a check valve and vent tube. Not to mention i got it for 25 dollars and you see ppl on ebay charging 30 plus for them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
u should contact them and say :wtf:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so should i call them back and tell them it leaks when i stand it up or what. Whats this check valve thing, is located the tube thing or is it actually on the cap?

·
Registered
66 Posts
it should have come with the cap. it is a small check valve that goes on the end of the hose.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rapman said:
it should have come with the cap. it is a small check valve that goes on the end of the hose.
[/quote

yea that piece is on there and that where it leaks out at. So should i call them and see it they will send me another hose?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.