Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two raptor 250's and I am installing a kill tether on my daughters. The thing is I don't have any instructions. Anyone know how to wire these in to a 250.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have two raptor 250's and I am installing a kill tether on my daughters. The thing is I don't have any instructions. Anyone know how to wire these in to a 250.
My dad has installed all of the tethers on all the Honda quad we have/had... But we got my Yamaha Raptor 250 and we couldn't figure it out... I would suggest just bringing it to the dealership and having them install it...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I installed a pro armor one on my sons 08 raptor 250. I'm sure it's the same(just 2 wires). 1 wire from the kill switch goes to ground. The other wire taps into the orange wire on the coil. Coil is on the left frame rail right below the front of the gas tank.Mount your switch and run the wires down to the coil. Pull the orange wire off of the coil(female spade connector). Cut the female connector off,strip about 1/2"off the orange wire and one of the kill switch wires.Twist them together so that you can put a new female end on them.(I would also suggest some shrink wrap after you crimp the connector on).Now plug the new female spade conn. back on the coil.Now take your other wire from the kill switch,strip the end and crimp on a ring connector and mount to a good clean frame bolt.If you need any help at all, call me,I am more than happy to help. Thats what this forum is for. Scott 1-708-269-7610.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My dad has installed all of the tethers on all the Honda quad we have/had... But we got my Yamaha Raptor 250 and we couldn't figure it out... I would suggest just bringing it to the dealership and having them install it...
See my other post and also you or your dad can also call me if you need any help. Scott

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, YFZ 77. That did the trick. Now would it be so hard for tusk to just say tie one end into the orange wire and ground the other?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks, YFZ 77. That did the trick. Now would it be so hard for tusk to just say tie one end into the orange wire and ground the other?
Glad it worked for you. Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts