·
Registered
2,466 Posts
As far as intake adapters go, i like monster and Pro-design

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It has the adaptor peice that's supposed to help do you know of any other intakes I dont want an fci or anything that dousent have a lid
The lid is the restriction.
With the lid on, any filter material inside is going to flow about the same as stock.
The i.d of the aftermarket filter may be slightly larger, but the engine is still breathing through the tiny snorkle in the airbox lid.
Cuervo has a youtube video dynoing without the airbox lid on an all stock machine.
3hp, 3lb' trq gain with no PCV, and still safe to run/not too lean.
That should say it all.
No lid, your choice of aftermarket filter with a filterskin(washable, reusable, and/or disposable), or an FCI with an airbox.
You will gain alot with an FCI as the whole throttle tube is a larger i.d, and can flow alot more air.
That, or keep the stock filter or put in whatever makes you happy, because with the lid on, it won't matter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lid is the restriction.
With the lid on, any filter material inside is going to flow about the same as stock.
The i.d of the aftermarket filter may be slightly larger, but the engine is still breathing through the tiny snorkle in the airbox lid.
Cuervo has a youtube video dynoing without the airbox lid on an all stock machine.
3hp, 3lb' trq gain with no PCV, and still safe to run/not too lean.
That should say it all.
No lid, your choice of aftermarket filter with a filterskin(washable, reusable, and/or disposable), or an FCI with an airbox.
You will gain alot with an FCI as the whole throttle tube is a larger i.d, and can flow alot more air.
That, or keep the stock filter or put in whatever makes you happy, because with the lid on, it won't matter.
This is the lid I am talking about I got this becuse I know how restrictive stock was this lets in a lot more air and I figured that with a intake adapter would make more power

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
That lid is alot better than stock.
As for which filter with it, I still don't think it matters. Any of the filters will all give about the same small amount of increase in airflow as the next.
I personally prefer Uni and the TwinAir foam filters vs the k&n guaze style.
Tests I have read confirm what I have seen, that foam filters trap more dirt(visibly, and microscopically/oil analysis) than guaze filters.
But, that's just Me, which air filter type is almost as bad as which oil, or which tires.
I bet out of all the air filters you've already looked at, there's one you prefer...and that's probably the best one for You.
You're not going to get one, and then find out the other type or brand makes alot more hp....unless the other is an FCI, lol.
Good luck with whatever you choose!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts