Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a motion pro CR pro twist throttle for a banshee. I was wondering if i were to buy a cable for a 700 if it would work. It looks like the throttle itself has the same part numbers. Any help would be thankful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
the only problem I have found about twist throttles is that when your body is hanging off the bike on a right hand turn its next to impossible to twist the throttle. even then when your hanging your ass off the left side its almost the same but just the opposite.. Dirtbikes are different because your butt is planted in the center of the seat for the most part.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I must have long arms I have had twist on all 4 of my suzuki lt500 and now I have a raptor 700 and I love them never had a crash and always on the gas left or right to answer you question I would sell the banshee kit and buy one for your bike that is your life in your hand you don't want that to stick open because you saved 20 dollars or so think about it!!!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I must have long arms I have had twist on all 4 of my suzuki lt500 and now I have a raptor 700 and I love them never had a crash and always on the gas left or right to answer you question I would sell the banshee kit and buy one for your bike that is your life in your hand you don't want that to stick open because you saved 20 dollars or so think about it!!!
I'm don't have short arms either as I'm 6'6" but I don't like the twist throttle at all. I like twist on bikes but you don't turn the bars as much on a bike as most of you steering is leaning and just slightly tilting the bars but on quads it is different. My friend has one on his banshee and loves it to but I do not like them at all. Most people that switch to them end up switching back so just be sure not to sell your thumb throttle real fast just in case you don't like the twist.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I guess It's just personal preference because I switched to a twist 3 yrs. ago and I'll never go back to a thumb on a quad. And I guess I have kind of short arms since I'm 5' 8' if that matters. I never had a close call with crashing with mine, it only helped me ride better, it just feels more natural for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm still repairing my 700 from 2 accidents in 1 week from twist throttle. My neighbor did it first on my bike, fixed it and 3 days later I wrecked it again, pretty bad too. I'mm all messed up too. Only mod I have a a dropped tooth on the front sprocket. I went over a rock, leaned back and rolled on the throttle. 1/4 turn to full and crash. Month later and many Dr. visits. maybe next month both of us will be togther and riding again.
I'll trade a 1 week old "like new" twist throttle for a left front straight black rim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts