Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM GOING TO BE GETTING A gytr soon and i was wondering where everyone
got their twist throttle and skid plates for and about how much

·
Registered
144 Posts
PRM for the skid plate. Not a big fan of the twist throttle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna try it like it is first...had a bike for 4 yrs so im use to it now..i'll see how it goes...did u get the plates offline?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ive been riding bikes since I was 4, I figured I would like the twist on the rappy. I took it off after about 30 min. and sold it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered from PRM over the phone. My buddy has a twist grip and when he gets into some rough stuff he ends up loosing control because he gives it more gas. with the thumb throttle you can just let off. If that makes any sense :eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
lerea3 said:
I ordered from PRM over the phone. My buddy has a twist grip and when he gets into some rough stuff he ends up loosing control because he gives it more gas. with the thumb throttle you can just let off. If that makes any sense :eek:
thats exzactly what i mean i mean lets see u going up a hill starts commen back on u or something and u start to fall and u try to hold on and u just keep twisting and twisting

·
Registered
144 Posts
exactly what happens to my buddy. I just shake my head at him when it stands up and he fills his shorts!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats the diff between the .125 adn .190? thickness? and is a full plate the best choice
i understand how you could loose control easily..prolly leave that alone

·
Registered
144 Posts
.125 is 1/8 and .190 is just over 3/16 thick. I got the rear swing arm plate 1/4 thick. want to get the under body plate next.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
kds6_10_05jmd said:
lerea3 said:
thats exzactly what i mean i mean lets see u going up a hill starts commen back on u or something and u start to fall and u try to hold on and u just keep twisting and twisting
Nothing but a twist throttle here!!!! I have WAY more control of the quad. I grew up on bikes so maybe my experience keeps me from making stupid mistakes? I am willing to bet that once you get used to it you would NEVER go back to a thumb! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
roc64 said:
kds6_10_05jmd said:
lerea3 said:
Nothing but a twist throttle here!!!! I have WAY more control of the bike. I grew up on bikes so maybe my experience keeps me from making stupid mistakes? I am willing to bet that once you get used to it you would NEVER go back to a thumb! :thumbsup:

+1

Roc is on point as usual !! You just have to give the twister some time to get used to...Don't trying whoop sections or anything crazy until your comfortable..

I went with Pro Armor on the skids and the Motion Pro kit for the twister........Both came from my local dealer because of the discount.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got my twist from http://www.motionpro.com/. A company called Terry Cable also makes a "Dual Gasser" throttle which is both twist and thumb

·
Registered
423 Posts
roc64 said:
kds6_10_05jmd said:
lerea3 said:
Nothing but a twist throttle here!!!! I have WAY more control of the quad. I grew up on bikes so maybe my experience keeps me from making stupid mistakes? I am willing to bet that once you get used to it you would NEVER go back to a thumb! :thumbsup:

nope thats one reason that i dont want a dirt bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got to ride a yzf 450 today and i think im gonna keep the stock thumb for a lil while then who knows thanx for the advice tho

1 - 18 of 18 Posts