Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide on which tip to get. I want to quiet it so I don't piss neighbors off when riding in the neighborhood. I do that enough with the bike :lol: Is the P4 really quiet? The web site says 93 db. That sounds like it would be too quiet. The P1 description says 2-3 db quieter. Is that going to be even noticeable? Which do you guys use?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I already found this in the search. ::) I am wondering what they found out about the p1. I am sorry but I cannot tell shit from some video clip. If I turn up the volume on my computer it is not very loud and if i turn it down it is real quiet!!! ;) Anyone else help me here?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the p4 tip. It made a big difference in sound. I actually like the sound more with the p4 than without. The p4 makes it sound a little throatier, and it is quieter. It doesn't seem to have taken any power away. I would think it would have to (at least a little), so if there is less power, it would seem to be minimal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Sandnut. It is louder than stock though right? Anyone tried a p1 yet?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I have a P1 tip that Im willing to sell make me an offer. I got it with my exhuast and never used it. I bought my exhuast used so i really couldnt tell how may hours on it. The guy i bought it from said maybe 10-15 tops so make me an offer bro. thanks WOODY

PS this info straight off two brothers racing web page.....

If you want to quiet your system a bit and need a spark arrestor, then the
Q1 Quiet Core Insert™ is what you need. Available separately, the Q1 acts as both a noise dampener, quieting the bike to 96dB and also as a spark arrestor for trail riding. This tip mutes the exhaust tone slightly and additionally the Q1 tip prevents the introduction of foreign matter into the exhaust system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pm sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts