Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchased this P4 PowerTip? I recently put on my TBR M-7 and it sounds great!!!....but I cant understand a word that people have been saying to me ever since I revved up the rpms on the quad.....hint hint. I've got the P1 powertip on its way, but was wondering if I need the P4 too? Where can I find one?

thanks,

-kevin :3question:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have been looking into this too. The P-1 seems to probably be the best route to go, but hopefully that quits it down enough for you. They say it actually has shown to increase mid-topend hp. and reduce sound by 2-3DB.

The P-4 appears to REALLY quit it down, but still has a straight threw sound suppressor....and they claim no "significant hp losses" with it, while reducing it to 93DB.

I am looking more at the P-1......its cheaper too.

You can buy direct from TBR, or any TBR dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
135boom said:
I have been looking into this too. The P-1 seems to probably be the best route to go, but hopefully that quits it down enough for you. They say it actually has shown to increase mid-topend hp. and reduce sound by 2-3DB.

The P-4 appears to REALLY quit it down, but still has a straight threw sound suppressor....and they claim no "significant hp losses" with it, while reducing it to 93DB.

Sounds like the P-4 would be the ticket for the Oregon Dunes if you ever decided to start going and riding them ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
135boom said:

Sounds like the P-4 would be the ticket for the Oregon Dunes if you ever decided to start going and riding them ;) :thumbsup:
You dont think that would choke her up a little too much in comparison to the P-1?

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shop...earchResult-Simple-Yam-Raptor700-2006_SO.html

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
It might choke her up a little more but if you got the 734 Kit you would still have plenty of power on tap and you would never have to worry about getting a sound ticket :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
This might be a stupid question for the Oregon guys, but I am always hearing how restrictive it is on the sound requirements up there. Do they have rangers or the po-po driving around giving out tickets for sound or what? I don't like an obnoxiously loud bike but I definately want to hear where my money is going when I rev the engine. Guess thats one advantage to the huge deserts of California. But those oregon dunes are postcard quality.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Moneypitrap said:
This might be a stupid question for the Oregon guys, but I am always hearing how restrictive it is on the sound requirements up there. Do they have rangers or the po-po driving around giving out tickets for sound or what? I don't like an obnoxiously loud bike but I definately want to hear where my money is going when I rev the engine. Guess thats one advantage to the huge deserts of California. But those oregon dunes are postcard quality.

On the busy weekends they do in fact have rangers patrolling the dunes and issuing sound tickets.
I have gotten pretty good at avoiding them and just going the other way when I see them out on the dunes but after my new build is done and I get it home I'll take it to the local dyno and have a map created for my quiet cores for my LTE's just so I no longer have to worry about sound problems. If I feel the need to uncork her and do some hill racing then I have that option as I always bring my lap top along incase I need to change maps for with or without the quiet cores.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Moneypitrap said:

On the busy weekends they do in fact have rangers patrolling the dunes and issuing sound tickets.
I have gotten pretty good at avoiding them and just going the other way when I see them out on the dunes but after my new build is done and I get it home I'll take it to the local dyno and have a map created for my quiet cores for my LTE's just so I no longer have to worry about sound problems. If I feel the need to uncork her and do some hill racing then I have that option as I always bring my lap top along incase I need to change maps for with or without the quiet cores.
thats a good idea :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got my GYTR intake kit, PCIII, and TBR m7 installed. The bike is still propped up on some buckets in the air so I havent ridden it yet. I did start it up and it does sound amazing. Very loud though. The P1 is still coming in the mail. Im still wondering if the P1 will be enough or if I should go ahead and purchase the P4 :'(

thanks for the input guys!!

-kevin

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MoMo700R said:
I just got my GYTR intake kit, PCIII, and TBR m7 installed. The bike is still propped up on some buckets in the air so I havent ridden it yet. I did start it up and it does sound amazing. Very loud though. The P1 is still coming in the mail. Im still wondering if the P1 will be enough or if I should go ahead and purchase the P4 :'(

thanks for the input guys!!

-kevin
You ever get the P-1 tip? Any pics, or sound clips?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
281pony said:
i posted a clip of my bike with the p4 installed. it was in the big exhaust clip sound thread.
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=5463.0

...wow 281, that took alot of that high end "pop" out of the exhaust. NOT BAD!!!

Did you loose any power, or gain mid-top like they claim.....anything?

I'll be kind a curious what the P-1 does for Kevin!

·
Registered
126 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Moneypitrap said:

Let's see..... looking at page 536 of my anarchists idea guide...
Ahhh, here it is! Remember Snuff-R-Nots? Whip up your own "internal" version of one and install in each muffler. A small hole to reach in with a hooked wire to activate and deactivate will never be noticed by the man. And then two PC's on board with a toggle switch to select one or the other.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
mws said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
Moneypitrap said:

Ahhh, here it is! Remember Snuff-R-Nots? Whip up your own "internal" version of one and install in each muffler. A small hole to reach in with a hooked wire to activate and deactivate will never be noticed by the man. And then two PC's on board with a toggle switch to select one or the other.

Have fun!
...haaaaaah?????

·
Registered
623 Posts
i felt no loss at all in any range with adding the tip.

i added it when i only had a slip-on however. so if you went from the 3-mods to adding this, it might be more substancial. my bike pulls hard as hell with the 3-mods and tip in though. really happy with the exhaust note in all rpm's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, I bought the P1 on Dec. 26 and called yesterday Jan 8 and they didnt know what happened to the order. Anyways, they said they were going to upgrade the shipping to 3-day. So hopefully tomorrow, Wednesday, I would be getting it. I could put on some pics of my bike since I dont have a single picture of it yet. Ill post some of it when I get the P1 since everyone has seen pics of the M-7 without any plugs. I'll keep you updated!

-kevin

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MoMo700R said:
OK, I bought the P1 on Dec. 26 and called yesterday Jan 8 and they didnt know what happened to the order. Anyways, they said they were going to upgrade the shipping to 3-day. So hopefully tomorrow, Wednesday, I would be getting it. I could put on some pics of my bike since I dont have a single picture of it yet. Ill post some of it when I get the P1 since everyone has seen pics of the M-7 without any plugs. I'll keep you updated!

-kevin
sweet, thanks Kevin. I am really curious. Wondering if it helps with sound too, and if it effects the power. Any way you can get a sound clip with your digital?

·
Registered
126 Posts
135boom said:
mws said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
Moneypitrap said:

Have fun!
...haaaaaah?????
Simple concept to have the best of both worlds while riding. Take both the loud and quiet pipes with you, and both maps. Ride quiet with a nice high mpg fuel map until you want to race. Then open the snuff-r-not to open her up, and switch over to the other PXCIII for the race map.
If you see the man coming, close the snuff-r-not and throw the switch and play dumb.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MoMo700R said:

-kevin
...you get it yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys, I'll tell you what, I'll never by from this distributer again. I called them AGAIN and said it was on order straight from TBR and then to come to their store then out to me. Well like I said, I ordered this P1 back on Dec 26. Im going to call them up Monday and get a refund. I know you guys are wanting to know what it sounds like and looks like, but Im suffering too. Ill let you know!

-kevin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts