Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride in Western Australia wheres theres lots of pea gravel which is very slippery any suggestions so far im leaning to the Maxis Razor 2s and i was going to change my front sprocket to a 15t with my 3 mods i got coming . Anyone else ride on gravel ? any help would be good :help:

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah mate i know what its like here with the gravel, have herd that the razor 2s are good for this, althought its still going to be slipery

Ben

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We went out yesterday and my mate has the razor2s on his yfz 450 he was still slipping around too doesnt look like there is a tyre for dry gravel as he wasnt hooking up much better than me , i might have to do some suspension mods as well as the tyres . But he was throw alot of dirt around cant wait for some rain !!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I do some gravel creek bed riding every once in a while. I also get to ride out on a sand bar when the Mississippi river runs low.
On any loose stuff, I would recommend a front tire with the center rib.
Holeshot GNCC
Maxxis Razr/ i-Razr
(I can't recommend Razr2, they create too much drag)
I would favor the i-Razr - minimal forward resistance (drag), center rib reduces sideways sliding of the front tires in a turn, also pretty tough.

I've tried a couple different tires on the back:
stock Raptor 660 - they bite down better than the stock 700's
Maxxis i-Razr - my personal favorite - those corner knobs create a slight paddle action for going forward and really dig in a turn (just ask any of my friends who have lost sight of me behind the wall of roost I've left on them)
Pure Sport Realtors - a reversible tire for digging when mounted one way, and scooping (paddling) when mounted the other way. They'll vibrate on hard surfaces, but they REALLY hook up on loose stuff. Forward traction is their main feature, they can make it pretty tricky to turn sometimes. They're kinda on the heavy side but you can run them with 0 pressure for a really wide contact patch. They're worth looking into, although they might be harder to find. I don't think Pure Sport makes them anymore, but I have seen them listed in Titan's line-up.

You can also look into ITP's Mudlite SP. I have no experience with them, but they look like they'll do some serious digging!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan looks like i need to do some more browsing and just see what else is out there . :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.