Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just had a shock when getting quoted for a set of tires for my '03 Raptor 660. They wanted $376 cdn just for the rubber and without fitting/balancing (I am in Alberta, Canada).

That may be a normal price for standard Raptor tires but comparing to $39 for a back tire for my Husqvarna, it seemed a tad steep to me.

So, my question is does anyone have any suggestions on a good place for quad tires?

I did used to import my street bike tires from the UK to here as, even with shipping, it worked out cheaper but that now looks like an expensive option.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

:D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That sounds about right. My full set of tires was about $267 USD, I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between CDN and USD though. I bought mine off of Ebay for really cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds about right. My full set of tires was about $267 USD, I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between CDN and USD though. I bought mine off of Ebay for really cheap.
Cheers for the answers.....US & Cdn $ are about on par still so your tires were about $100 cheaper.

I may try to get this season out of the tires I have and bite the bullet in the winter. The only reason I was thinking about changing them was I have a flat on my front right tire and was debating if it was worth trying to get repaired or to just replace them all (as they are geting low on the tread front). I think I will proberbly try to get it repaired for now.

Thanks again....

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
why are you balancing quad tires? depending on the terrain you drive youll never notice the balance, just a cash grab imo. but the price doesnt seem bad, i paid about $400 for 4 itp mud lites 6 ply

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Darkstar, to be honest, I thought balancing was just what you had done, as you do on Bike wheels. If it's not the norm on Quads, I'll make sure it doesnt get done (it will be my first set of replacments on a quad.

I ride mainly in the foothills/bush/mountains. About the only thing I dont ride on is tarmac...lol.

On the plus side, I took the deflating tire in today and it was the valve stem so the need to replace the tires isn't as vital now, so I will keep a check on Ebay and such.

Thanks again for all the replies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts