Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
As stupid as this sounds... if it’s not the cap then what would it be besides the radiator which it’s not? And can I buy just any cap that’s for a raptor? Or what’s a good brand?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
What happened with radiator test kit??

Go out to your mom's car, and borrow her radiator cap, and test it on your bike. Don't forget to put it back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What happened with radiator test kit??

Go out to your mom's car, and borrow her radiator cap, and test it on your bike. Don't forget to put it back.
I just haven’t had a chance to get one yet. The thing is it only leaks sometimes. So I would need a cap for a long period. Like lately it hasn’t leaked and idk why...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I know you guys have said to pressure check the cap... but I haven't been able to get a cap testing kit so I think im just gonna buy a cap and if it leaks ill just know that its not the cap.
I don't know of a good brand but im thinking of this one:CV4 High Pressure Radiator Cap

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You are way overthinking this. See posts #3 and #33. Go to auto parts store, get new cap for cheap and no waiting on the mail to come

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
The cap is a spring and seal, not alot of moving parts. Get a 1.1 - 1.8 rated cap. On my radiator, the tube on the radiator that vents to the overflow tank got loose and developed a very small leak that I had repaired.

·
11,688 Posts
Did you test the cap. Replace it anyway with a 1.1 instead of the .9 from the factory.
A radiator test kit. It can pressurize the cooling system and test caps. some local autoparts stores loan out the kit with a deposit.
Get a 1.1 - 1.8 rated cap.
So, it's been a month, almost 50 posts on 3 pages, and you still haven't had time to borrow a test kit from your auto store, or replace the cap??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I like to be sure, very sure, of what I’m doing before I make decisions. Not to mention I can’t just drive down to a store and ask them. I don’t have a car, or for that matter a license.

·
11,688 Posts
Do you have a bicycle??

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Give me your address, seriously. PM me and I will buy A radiator cap for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Yup, that’s good, keep at it in school. We are here to help in any way we can and a lot of us have zero issues with helping out the younger folks in purchasing items. Forum Santas at times....

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yup, that’s good, keep at it in school. We are here to help in any way we can and a lot of us have zero issues with helping out the younger folks in purchasing items. Forum Santas at times....
That's awesome man. Fortunately money isn't a problem. Our neighborhood has plenty of people needing help.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ugh.... whats next?? New cap and still leaking coolant.
Whats next is you need to figure out where the coolant is coming from. Take it out in the yard and wash it up real nice. Dry it off with rags, start it, let it idle till the fan and/or temp light comes on. Does the fan come on at all? When it gets hot, be ready to find your leak. Be looking around all the coolant flowing areas while its warming up. Hoses, radiator, cap, reservoir, water pump cover, weep hole, thermostat, throttle body, head. Report findings

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wiggle the hoses and check the clamps. Check the overflow tank for cracks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Whats next is you need to figure out where the coolant is coming from. Take it out in the yard and wash it up real nice. Dry it off with rags, start it, let it idle till the fan and/or temp light comes on. Does the fan come on at all? When it gets hot, be ready to find your leak. Be looking around all the coolant flowing areas while its warming up. Hoses, radiator, cap, reservoir, water pump cover, weep hole, thermostat, throttle body, head. Report findings

The fan never turns on.... and i've never had the temp light come on.....

41 - 60 of 79 Posts