Raptor Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The fan never turns on.... and i've never had the temp light come on.....
Doesnt matter. Run it till it leaks. If it doesnt leak, your fan doesnt come on, and temp light never comes on, then i dont think you have a problem. If it does leak, you have to find the leak to fix the leak. And you have to get it to leak, to find the leak. And you probly need to get it warm to get it to leak. Its just you against the leak now. You must find it, and slay it for the good of all humanity

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Doesnt matter. Run it till it leaks. If it doesnt leak, your fan doesnt come on, and temp light never comes on, then i dont think you have a problem. If it does leak, you have to find the leak to fix the leak. And you have to get it to leak, to find the leak. And you probly need to get it warm to get it to leak. Its just you against the leak now. You must find it, and slay it for the good of all humanity

You have a great sense of humor. Thank you for your help.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
I guess if I wanted to bike 40 miles round trip....
So, the auto parts store is 20 miles away. There should be a auto store close to the grocery store that your family goes to.

But, to eliminate the leakage, stop doing wheelies, or reroute the over flow hose.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
A man that reads between the lines indeed.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So. Literally spraying like a siv. And found where its coming from. Just had a question though... is the water pump on the raptor electrical or mechanical?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
So. Literally spraying like a siv. And found where its coming from. Just had a question though... is the water pump on the raptor electrical or mechanical?
Mechanical. Dont keep us in suspense! Where was the leak??!! I must know!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Mechanical. Dont keep us in suspense! Where was the leak??!! I must know!

Haha I was wondering. Because I RIPPED out of my yard and then.... it was pouring all over. And then I kept driving anyway cause I thought screw this im not getting one of my dads quads. And then the engine light came on. So I had to walk a mile back home. Anyway, the leak was right to the right side like where the fan mount is kinda. And it was legit SPRAYING. So I think the leak just kept getting bigger and bigger. Anyway I think the leak was caused since if you look on the front side where there is a dent and on the back side that's where its leaking. When I get my new radiator and take off the old one ill take a couple pics. Maybe I can fix it but idk.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Don’t bother fixing, get that new one installed and ride away!

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Aluminum dissipates heat better

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Any downsides though? Rust, easier to leak??
Steel rusts.
Aluminum oxidizes.
The difference is that if you look at a steel molecule under high magnification, section off a square, and it will look like it's filled with tiny circles. So all the space between the circles is where water can get into.
Which is why rust is so bad, as steel literally will rust from the inside out.
That is why(if you've ever seen really bad rust), old metal appears to be bubbled out, and flaking off, because it is.
Now look at an aluminum molecule, section off a square, and it will be filled with tiny squares, just like a grid, there is no room for water to penatrate into it.
So, with bare aluminum, it oxidizes on the surface only, which appears as a haze, and eventually a fine white dust or powder.
Pros and cons, as steel is still stronger.
But, given the alloys of today, many incredible things are possible.
For example; for those of us who remember the 1985 Star-Trek movie The Voyage Home", they gave the guys in '85 the technology to build them Transparent Aluminum in order for them to have a water tank strong enough to hold a more gallons than glass ever could.
Well, welcome to the future, because transparent aluminum has been a real thing for several years now(longer still behind closed doors), look it up and check it out.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Since my fan doesnt turn on should I replace it? Or do they not do that much?
You should test it first, it may be fine.
You can remove it, put a piece of wire in each side of the plug, and touch the other ends to the battery, simple and crude way to check, but it works.
The fan thermostat may not be working, and you'll have to test that by the manual.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts