Raptor Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
You should test it first, it may be fine.
You can remove it, put a piece of wire in each side of the plug, and touch the other ends to the battery, simple and crude way to check, but it works.
The fan thermostat may not be working, and you'll have to test that by the manual.
Does it matter if the fan works or not? Like is it a big deal?

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
It will be when your motor gets too hot and it doesn’t come on to cool it down. Then you will be starting another thread with different issues.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
Besides, you have everything apart as it is, do it right and check it while it’s easy to get to.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Does it matter if the fan works or not? Like is it a big deal?
It can be, especially during summer.
The fan comes on when the engine temperature reaches a certain amount, a 700 Raptor fan is supposed to turn on at 225 degrees.
The fan helps cool the coolant in the radiator faster than it can cool on it's own, preventing the temperature from climbing much higher than 225 by more than a few degrees(under normal circumstances), and essentially dropping the temp back into a cooler and safer range, which it does, which is why the fan turns back off.
The fan doesn't run all the time because it doesn't need to.
If you ride in freezing temps, a constantly running fan can keep the engine from reaching normal operating temperature.
The fan is important, as it helps keep your engine at a normal operating temperature.
Heat kills engines.
You saw my mods in my Trail Build thread, and I went to that trouble from the get go to give my engine it's best shot at a long life.
Fix your fan.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I tested the fan and it worked when hooked straight to power so... what do I test next?

And, I finally got the radiator on and I HATE it. Nothing is how I like it. It's too tall and the plastics dont want to fit and the front part is half falling off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I'm looking at a different radiator and it says its for the 14,15,16, so im wondering if it'll still fit my 2008? I thought they were all the same?

81 - 87 of 87 Posts