Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know I'm probably going to get flamed pretty bad for this, but here goes...

Since the new Grizzly shares the Raptors 700 engine (although the bottom end is different) would it be possible to mate the Grizz's Ultramatic transmission to a Raptor? I was in an accident and I have nerve damage in my shifting foot. Can't feel to shift too well.

Thanks... and let the flaming begin! :lol:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not to be a smartass but if you have troble shifting, I'd look at the kawi kxf. They use the centrfigul cluth so there's no shifting and save you a ton of dough and headaches. As much as I love my yami it was tough to suggest...lol

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
Not to be a smartass but if you have troble shifting, I'd look at the kawi kxf. They use the centrfigul cluth so there's no shifting and save you a ton of dough and headaches. As much as I love my yami it was tough to suggest...lol
:stupid: Sell the Raptor it is not worth the headache and KXF is a good machine, for an automatic sport bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would look at the quick shifter from the guys that make the power commander, you can set the shifts at whatever rpms you want.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i say buy a KFX not KXF.......my friend has an 06 orange KFX with white bros carbon exhaust......clutch kit and springs........and paddles.........he kept up with me when i was stock!!!! the only thing i dont like about them is that they are HUGE.......mini monster truck like i tell my friend all the time.........but hes never had a problem with it and he seems to love it.......does trails drags and jumps with it.........pretty badass!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Would be an interesting mod to see happen to say the least. I know there are other shifting options as well, just cant think of them right now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dragracers use air shifters, you would need solenoids and an airtank.
The powercommander quick shifter is only to dtect movement on the shifter, and kills fuel momentarily. This will not help someone with a bad foot.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Do the Swap if ya can afford it...id love 2 see it!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've rode the kawi, buddy had one, he traded it for a utility, I would have too. It's BIG and heavy, might as well get a utility if you get the kawi. Just get the new 700 Grizzly.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
TwistedCreations said:
Ok, I know I'm probably going to get flamed pretty bad for this, but here goes...

Since the new Grizzly shares the Raptors 700 engine (although the bottom end is different) would it be possible to mate the Grizz's Ultramatic transmission to a Raptor? I was in an accident and I have nerve damage in my shifting foot. Can't feel to shift too well.

No flaming here, I'd love to see you do that. I have seen a new 700R top end mated to the old 660R bottom end so they could use the exisiting overide tranny and lockout clutch. I don't see why you couldn't mate the Ultramatic tranny to your 700R, it might turn out to be a kick ass drag set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
That would be cool for drags….set the clutch to engage after it builds some rpm…I bet it has a nice hit after the clutch spools up

·
Registered
22 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
TwistedCreations said:

No flaming here, I'd love to see you do that. I have seen a new 700R top end mated to the old 660R bottom end so they could use the exisiting overide tranny and lockout clutch. I don't see why you couldn't mate the Ultramatic tranny to your 700R, it might turn out to be a kick ass drag set up :thumbsup:
overide tranny?? explain please

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just remember the Grizz is shaft drive.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
overide tranny?? explain please

An overide tranny is what they use in drag racing, the gears are cut to allow for clutchless full throttle shifting. You can not let off the gas though without pulling in the clutch or you will do damage. Alot use 2-4 or 2-5 overides on their drag quads.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Diddly said:
Just remember the Grizz is shaft drive.

That could be problematic, you might be able use the tranny but you would have to build or have a custom counter shaft built so you could employ the 700R front sprocket.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Pingle makes a universal electric push button shifter that could easy go on your Raptor 700r. Any Parts Unlimited dealer can get you the kit.

It comes with a ignition kill box for clutchless push button shifting.

Sorry, guys I wouldn't wish a KFX KXF XKF on anyone. Buy a 700r make it work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rocket Factory said:
Pingle makes a universal electric push button shifter that could easy go on your Raptor 700r. Any Parts Unlimited dealer can get you the kit.

Hehe

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Rocket Factory said:

I agree...There is a guy on Bluetraxx who is paralyzed from the waist down and he rides a Raptor 700. He is using an air shifter and electronic button. An all electronic system like Pingle sounds like the way to go. Get what you want and make it work. I wouldn't settle for a KFX. It is too damned heavy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try making a handshifter. Take the existing shift lever cut it and extend it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts