Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it was finally a good day to ride today, but my truck was in the shop so i just played around the house and what not, anyways i notticed when im goin along in 1st gear and i let go of the throttle, it will slow down but, at one point it will still go without me pressing the throttle, i never realised it b4 when i was riding, so im not sure if thats normal or not? cause i only have like 9 hrs on it, and it goes in monday for the service so i wanted to mention it to them unless its normal.

so is it always like that? and i just never realized it, or is something wrong :3question:

·
Registered
314 Posts
not so sur i understand what your saying. you mean in first gear, clutch out and still forward motion without stahling?

if thats what you mean then yeah, i do it all the time when im just puttin around. remember these things have a good deal of power and some pretty strong torque straight out the crate. so no its not unusual, in fact if i WASNT able to do that anymore id start to worry.

just one guys POV ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
i was messin with mine and i can putt around in 4th with no throttle without dyeing

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
... yet another reason these things are great for wifeys and others not used to shifting.

The Raptor 700 is a hell of a machine: strong enough for a man; PH balanced for a woman.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've started from a stop in first before without the use of the throttle, just by feathering the clutch a little. I think even one of the mags over summer said something about the rappy idleing along without the throttle. Very nice feature for those of us that do a little *utility* work with ours ;) I mean, there's no place for a utility rack, so you have to carry items with your throttle hand :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
hell it's great, i taught my wife ( 110 lbs ) the whole clutch thing without touching the throttle,tryin to teach someone to let the clutch out slowly doesen't work very well and all she could do was dump the clutch,kinda like a truck in low gear just can't be stalled.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
even a warrior will pull it self in second at an idle
that is why my raptor got a tether so it would not end up in a pond hehe

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
lowridin88 said:
lol.. yeah idle in first gear is the perfect speed for moving cows.. lol.. just a little red-neck input
that belongs in the ******* category,"u know ur a ******* when u chase ur cows on a 700 in 1st gear at an idle" :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
thats what i'm talkin bout :grin_nod: :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I chased a deer with my old 660 once. He wasnt that fast... bottom of third I was crusing behind him.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i had a psyco deer run me down on a trail a couple of weeks ago,he was runnin about 30 feet to my left,it was a straight trail and all of a sudden i seen him out of knowhere, i was in third to and i clicked fourth and hammered the throttle, the bastard kept up for about 50 feet and then tried runnin in front of me, i had to be doin 30-35 that sucker was quick. i won't do that again...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts