1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have some on my 660 and the really messed with the jetting. For some reason after I added them it made dialing in the bike very hard so I dont know how exactly it would affect the 700's efi. I didnt notice any power gains either when I added them to my 660.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It is a waist of time, or... you have to install a lot of them to even make a difference in the power output. When I say a lot, I mean basically cover the whole lid with them. Every single little area you can get them in.

I have done hundreds of dyno runs on quads and the biggest thing I learned out of all them, is don’t; waist your time making holes in the lid. Even with the lid looking like Swiss cheese, removing the lid is quicker and makes more power.

If you want additional protection install an airbox cover. Maybe something like what Outerwears make.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet, thanks for the info. i think i'll just stick with a proflow intake kit with a k&n with an outerwear and no lid... see how that works for me.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
DONT DO IT! Get the EHS, or Proflow, or just take the whole damn lid off. DONT drill little holes or insert these things into your airbox.

They create a vacuum effect. It literally sucks the passing by dust INTO your airbox. You create so much suction with those things its not even funny. If you just take the whole lid off there is little to no suction.

Think of a vacuum cleaner. You put a big attachment on and you have less "vacuum". You just use the hose and you have more vacuum, cause you have reduced the diameter. You put on a small attachment like those thin, flat, crevice wands and you have massive suction. Think of it like that............if you want to vacuum up the woods and have it all go in your airbox than go that route. If you want actual performance and dont want to vacuum up the woods then just take the lid completely off, or get the EHS or Proflow lid. I recomend the EHS.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boom-did you get the EHS kit and do it yourself or just buy the pre-made one? The price seems kinda steep for a lid... any knowledge of one of the site sponsers having a deal?

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I wouldn't run those, I'd rather just put on a K&N Lid :3question:

They come up w/ the neatest little odds and ends for bikes but some concepts just aren't all there.

·
Registered
767 Posts
devildog_0431 said:
I wouldn't run those, I'd rather just put on a K&N Lid :3question:

They come up w/ the neatest little odds and ends for bikes but some concepts just aren't all there.
Where is this K&N lid that you speak of?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yeah I've seen them, just not for the 700. I talked to K&N and they said the had no plans to build one for the 700.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
dellaquila said:
boom-did you get the EHS kit and do it yourself or just buy the pre-made one? The price seems kinda steep for a lid... any knowledge of one of the site sponsers having a deal?
I got the pre-done lid. So all I had to do is snap it in place. A little steep, but worth it! I dont recomend the protec moflow. And IF they made the k&N lid, I wouldnt recomend it either unless you like cleaning a second filter too! Atleast with the outwears lids you just rinse it off and its done! Your only cleaning ONE filter then, and going threw half as much cleaner/oil

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
boom - so do you run the k&n with or without an outerwear? I just got the ProDesign intake with a K&N and Outerwear, and I'm just wondering if I run it with the Outerwear AND an EHS lid how much performance I'd be losing. If it comes down to performance or protection, I'll side with protection... I'm just trying to make sure I'll use the lid if I spend $90+ on one.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
dellaquila said:
boom - so do you run the k&n with or without an outerwear? I just got the ProDesign intake with a K&N and Outerwear, and I'm just wondering if I run it with the Outerwear AND an EHS lid how much performance I'd be losing. If it comes down to performance or protection, I'll side with protection... I'm just trying to make sure I'll use the lid if I spend $90+ on one.
you only need one or the other. there is no reason to prefilter the same dirt twice. Once is plenty sufficient. If your like me and take care of your stuff, and clean your filter regularly you will be just fine with that setup. Nevermind this crap about K&N vs foam. Ive run the k&N on all my quads/bikes and not had ONE problem. I NEVER see any sign of dirt passing by with the k&N and outerwears....or k&N and EHS.
Ive actually seen the opposite and seen foam ones leak more crap, due to the poor seal at the throat of the filter. the K&N is 100% seal.
With your EHS lid and a bare k&N you will be all set. Just take care of your ride, and it will take care of you :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! :thumbsup:
I guess I'll be looking into an EHS lid then...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts