Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny story... i went to lets ride in my city and told them i got a GYTR intake but don't like K&N filters. They said they can get my a uni, so i got all excited and waited for it to arrive at the store. It didn't come a week later and today i went in and they said that uni doesn't make a filter for an after market intake but his uni rep measured in all out and they are going to give me a prototype!
so depending on how i like it and how it performs they will probably start mass producing them since the K&N is retarded expensive and i have had bad experiences with them any way. I should get the filter tomorrow and ill let you all know how it works

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I run dual uni filters inside my airbox. Just the single pods and two of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i see a picture of that intake setup? who makes it? im very curious because i wannted to retain the stock airbox and just remove the lid but a dual setup would get way more airflow even with the box

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I don't have a picture. I can get one tomorrow though. Basically I just ordered two uni pod filters with the output side the size of the pro-design flange. They fit snug and I have outerwears on them . They touch in the middle and the sides of the box but flow good top and bottom with good water protection. They seem to perform good for me.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does that really get more air that way?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It gets more air because you can remove the lid easily and if you run the lid you don't have to worry about installing it wrong and not sealing. Kind of a pricey part if you ask me but I usually pick them up used:D but It is a needed part if you are wanting more power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts