Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
These are some pics I took a few weeks back. Right now might bike is out of commission. I crashed it at the mx track a week ago and broke the subfram in half, air box arms, bent hub, wheel, grabbar, and slightly bent the axle. :thumbsup: Iam replacing all the above but the axle, cause it is about a mm off. Gonna see if it will manage till I can get a newone. It kinda crazy how much damage I did from trying to jump some stupied little doubles. Got nice air for a few hours on tabletops and stepups and was having fun then decided to try and conquer this rythem section and it didn't look too nice. Their were 8 jumps back to back.. about 3 feet tall and just didn't get enought traction and speed out of the corner that crowded them and I think I Need better front shocks to launch it better. Those stock shocks just soak up too much on the lift off that it doesn't shoot it up in the air good enough for that section. Anyway, I will post the wrecked frame pics when i get them.. Here is my bike before it was broken.

This is the clearance between the clutch cable adjustment bracket and the header. I had to shave it down some. Prob shave more off it. Also the park. brake cable in the left of the view has no room at all the pipe sits on it. might remove the thing all together. Anyone have that prob.?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does that trinity pipe fit the stock heat shield back on it?It looks like there are holes for it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
raptor brothers said:
Does that trinity pipe fit the stock heat shield back on it?It looks like there are holes for it.
yes the stock one fits on the rear one ..
and trinity send the front one too you
I been looking for a custom one to add to the back of mine
I don't like the Way it looks but I did not wan to chance it being so close the the brake like ..

·
Registered
206 Posts
my streetlegal raptor 700 se

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey armety did you have that frame powder coated ?
if so what color is it ?
I'm thinking about doing mine but can't seem to find the right color

thanx bud

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey armety, how do you like that DRD pipe?
I love it. I ride some mountain trails and such so I didn't want to be all out loud. Great power gains, recently put a 12:1 stock bore piston in and the combo puts out great power and sound.

hey armety did you have that frame powder coated ?
if so what color is it ?
I'm thinking about doing mine but can't seem to find the right color

thanx bud
Yes, I had it powder coated. It is a custom color that a local powder coater did for me. The basics are: chrome under coat with a sort of candy blue outer when the chrome is still hot.

·
Registered
728 Posts
thanks for the reply armety :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
SMTRDSPORT said:
Here's mine... stock right now except for YFZ450 front shocks, but will soon look similar (but better) to the one pictured below.

The mods my 700R will have by summer will include (going for a Black/White theme):

2006 YFZ450 Front Suspension + Black Yamaha Shock Covers (currently have)
HMF Full Pipe
Power Commander III
GYTR™ High Flow Air Filter
GYTR™ Sport Front Grab Bar
GYTR™ Aluminum Footwells
GYTR™ Engine/Frame Skid Plate
GYTR™ Swing Arm Skid Plate
GYTR™ A-Arm Skid Plates
Black ITP C Series Sport Wheels
Hotshot H-D Tires (Trails)
Sand Star Paddels (Dunes)
Nice bike! :thumbsup: