Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 raptor and i tried the speed sensor unplug to gain my 5th gear and i unplugged what looked to be the same style male/female connector in the pictures on the how to and the bike would not crank. It would whirl the starter but seemed like it would not get the fuel to start the engine over so i pluged it back in and it started fine???? Is there more than one plug that looks like this plug? I stayed away from the other bigger plug next to it and thought i had the right one.

Done the big 3 mods and want to see how they do on the topend. Going riding tomorrow and would like to check it out. Can someone show me the wiring diagram so i can find the right one.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Id say you got the wrong plug bud. Rode around with mine unplugged for years

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Im sorry..i know i left you hangin on that but im away from my quad. All i know is the speed sensor plug is white and triangular as i recall. Left side behind vertical frame spar.
Just follow the wire from the speed sensor itself right there on the top of the output shaft and un plug her.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
On the 2011 if you unplug the speed sensor the speedo will not work. you'll need to do the speed sensor mod or get a Dyna Tech Ingnition.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Quad should fire up just like normal then....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts