Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on how the ER stageIII turbo is performing in the tough Canadian winter: GREAT!

I can tell you that the durability of these kits and the stock engine itself appears to be quite good. I've now got about 15hrs on the kit. Some of that time is pushing the quad extremely hard. I would say likely harder than anyone has pushed a turbo kit. Multiple times, I have gone 5-6 miles the whole time WOT at 10psi at 70mph. Unless running tracks, I don't think there is anywhere else you can actually do that high of a load for that length of time.

That fact that it can hold up to this, to me, means that anyone running one of these kits boosting at WOT for only 30 seconds to a minute at a time should last a long, long time.

My hope is to get about 30hrs on it this winter under these conditions. If it holds, that should say a lot to its durability.

I'm really hoping it does, as I would really like to ride this thing on tires in the summer and see how stupid it is, without having to do an engine swap!!!

It is crazy, crazy fun now and attracts a lot of attention and questions everywhere it goes! No one around here has ever seen a tracked raptor before, let alone one with a turbo.

Hopefully get a chance to take some 3rd person video in the next few weeks as a follow up to the POV video I posted.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Thanks for the update, sounds like a great setup and that it's holding together well for you.

The last video was good, can't wait for another :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts