Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it running but when I drive I hear squealing from rear end ..I thought it was brakes rubbing but it's not sound like in rear end somewhere back tires its not loud but i can hear it w
hen I drive

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes the bearings are inside the rear of the swingarm. You take off both the locking nuts, take the caliper off the rotor, remove the chain, remove the right tire and wheel hub, pull the rotor off the right side of the axle then pull the axle out through the left side. I would take off the chain first and jack up the rear end and turn the tires by hand and see how rough it feels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the bearings are inside the rear of the swingarm. You take off both the locking nuts, take the caliper off the rotor, remove the chain, remove the right tire and wheel hub, pull the rotor off the right side of the axle then pull the axle out through the left side. I would take off the chain first and jack up the rear end and turn the tires by hand and see how rough it feels.
Okie dokie gotta order first before I take off ..is it still OK to ride or should I wait to ride it when I change out carrier bearing

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you change the bearings before they seize you will not have to replace other parts. Like the axle, brake and rotor hubs ect.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are a good reliable quad if taken care of.
can u tell if this been bored over by looking at top end he said it has bugger piston and bigger top end been bored over to 386 I think and what kind of filter is this n why it's like that

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You can't tell the bore size from looking at the outside of the cylinder.
A stock cylinder will have 349cc stamped on it, but most aftermarket do not.
So you could have an unmarked aftermarket cylinder that is stock bore or big bore.
The only way to tell for sure is to measure the bore.
The air filter is that way because some idiot belived he gained 10 hp from the extra noise.
And I doubt seriously it's jetted correctly for that bird catcher either.
A 350 Warrior/Raptor benefits alot from better front shocks, a higher compression piston, cam, aftermarker air filter, no airbox lid, jet accordingly, and a -1 front sprocket if you trail ride or like agressive throttle.
Whether it has another 30+ cc from a bigger bore doesn't make much difference.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you could have an unmarked aftermarket cylinder that is stock bore or big bore.
The air filter is that way because some idiot belived he gained 10 hp from the extra noise.
A 350 Warrior/Raptor benefits alot from better front shocks, a higher compression piston, cam, aftermarker air filter, no airbox lid, jet accordingly, and a -1 front sprocket if you trail ride or like agressive throttle.
Ok thanks for the info ..so how do I find out what jets I need etc...im going to go clean carb and ill send pics. And since filter like that means it gonna be louder? I'm gonna have to put a stock filter on it if it's that loud..ill know how it sounds or if it runs tomorrow when I get my rocker arm bolts in..until then I'm gonna take off back end of the raptor and wait until I order carrier bearing to see if that get rid of the squealing and clean it up better might replace some hoses 2

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks for the info ..so how do I find out what jets I need etc...im going to go clean carb and ill send pics. And since filter like that means it gonna be louder? I'm gonna have to put a stock filter on it if it's that loud..ill know how it sounds or if it runs tomorrow when I get my rocker arm bolts in..until then I'm gonna take off back end of the raptor and wait until I order carrier bearing to see if that get rid of the squealing and clean it up better might replace some hoses 2
He said all u just said high compression piston big bore jetted right and the filter was different he used it for racing

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
All that "filter" is doing is sucking in every bit of dirt big enough to fit through those holes...you need an actual filter, otherwise, all that dirt is really shortening engine life.

If you need jets, I'de buy one size larger pilot, a #25, and 3 or 4 sizes above stock on the main. That should give you all the range you need for adjustment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All that "filter" is doing is sucking in every bit of dirt big enough to fit through those holes...you need an actual filter, otherwise, all that dirt is really shortening engine life.

If you need jets, I'de buy one size larger pilot, a #25, and 3 or 4 sizes above stock on the main. That should give you all the range you need for adjustment.
Ok got ya...I got carb off now ill send pics

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
147.5 is probably close if not correct.
I forget what size stock is.
You'll just have to see how it runs first, but I would definately get an air filter, and if you trail ride, an airbox with no lid and a filterskin.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts