Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
147.5 is probably close if not correct.
I forget what size stock is.
You'll just have to see how it runs first, but I would definately get an air filter, and if you trail ride, an airbox with no lid and a filterskin.
Hey bud got it to crank runs great but it sounds like drums when I hit gas like Dom Dom Dom I let go it idles fine I hit gas does it again..so I changed carb and messed with parking brake wire and it stopped..so I went under lights and unplugged it ..it stops but is seems like it is reved high even though I have idle screw low gonna put the carb that was on it and see how it runs I just put an extra carb I had for the warrior on to see was it carb related..rides great when I took it up road but boggs a little at full throttle so what should I check when I put original carb on that has been jetted for it..the old carb I put on I just did because I thought it was carb related and wanted to see cuz I had a good working carb from last warrior..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey bud got it to crank runs great but it sounds like drums when I hit gas like Dom Dom Dom I let go it idles fine I hit gas does it again..so I changed carb and messed with parking brake wire and it stopped..so I went under lights and unplugged it ..it stops but is seems like it is reved high even though I have idle screw low gonna put the carb that was on it and see how it runs I just put an extra carb I had for the warrior on to see was it carb related..rides great when I took it up road but boggs a little at full throttle so what should I check when I put original carb on that has been jetted for it..the old carb I put on I just did because I thought it was carb related and wanted to see cuz I had a good working carb from last warrior..
Oh it did the Dom Dom Dom sound on both carbs until I unplugged wire coming from parking brake..and then it stopped but only when I gave it gas..idles great without giving it gas..and if I push throttle all the way it shuts off

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
Leave the green/yellow wire unplugged... the CDI thinks the parking brake is on so it turns on the PB RPM limiter - which wont let it rev above idle. Just leave the wire disconnected - causes no harm.

Reactions: Da1fasho

·
Super Moderator
8,910 Posts
Do you have a manual? PM me a valid email and I can send what I have for you to look through.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Leave the green/yellow wire unplugged... the CDI thinks the parking brake is on so it turns on the PB RPM limiter - which wont let it rev above idle. Just leave the wire disconnected - causes no harm.
Appreciate it QuadManiac

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey got it running good..but what it mean when I'm in fith gear and picking up speed acts like it wanta bog a little but stops when I let off throttle long story short can't go full throttle

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey got it running good..but what it mean when I'm in fith gear and picking up speed acts like it wanta bog a little but stops when I let off throttle long story short can't go full throttle
Most likely a jetting issue that needs dialed in. What are your FULL jet settings?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Guy b4 me said everything was set i just needed valve adjustment nut to get it running and so far that's all I needed cranks right up..gonna need new solenoid have to jump it but run n rides great only issue is when I'm at wot it seem like it wanta sputter a lil n stop but can't go wot...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, this is for a warrior. Sorry cant help there. You still probably have a jetting issue though

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh, this is for a warrior. Sorry cant help there. You still probably have a jetting issue though
I have both ..I got the raptor running I just got it parked until I get a carrier bearing but I'm trying to figure out warrior now

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
In neutral I can rev all the way no problem but when I'm in 5th 6th gear can't open wide up sputter a tad bit

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
If you're talking about the 660 - Is air cleaner and air box + cover installed as they should be? Have carbs been cleaned?

Turn on choke when this happens... does it get better or worse? If better increase main jet numbers 1 step each, if worse decrease.

If you're talking about a 350 either spell it out and/or post it in the 350 section.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If you're talking about the 660 - Is air cleaner and air box + cover installed as they should be? Have carbs been cleaned?

Turn on choke when this happens... does it get better or worse? If better increase main jet numbers 1 step each, if worse decrease.

If you're talking about a 350 either spell it out and/or post it in the 350 section.
Ok cool..im talking about the 350...the raptor good now..thanks to you QuadManiac you helped me get that monster running..was just asking if someone know a little about the warrior

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
And I'm a noob on jets could you explain it for me need to learn more about jetting..I just clean carb lol can't tell you non about jets ..I know the main big one inside the warrior says 147.5..thought all other jets are regular haven't looked at needle position..just didn't want to mess nothing up I didn't know about so I just cleaned carb real good and put back together

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Jets are no more than a specifically sized hole that fuel passes through.
Any given size hole can only flow up to a certain amount, in a given amount of time, no matter how much supply is available.
The pilot jet controls idle to 1/4 throttle.
The main jet controls 3/4 to wide open throttle.
The needle valve controls 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.
The height the needle valve is set to determines how much that "valve" can open, which regulates the fuel flow in that range.
You can check sparkplug color and condition, as well as any exhaust smoke, and bogging, stalling, engine performance in general to tell if you are too rich or too lean.
All you're really doing is, the engine needs less or more fuel in one or more of those 3 carb circuits, so the jet or needle position is too big or small for your need.
Dynojet and Mikuni list their jet numbers differently.
But, if you go to www.jetsrus.com
you can find and buy the stock jets, as well as any bigger or smaller sizes available.
Jets themselves are pretty cheap, and you need an assortment anyway.
Rule of thumb for me is to buy one size larger than stock pilot(s), and the next 3 sizes larger on the main(s) for a stock engine with basic intake and exhaust mods.
That is usually more than enough to have what you need to dial it all in, again for a mildly modded machine.
Much bigger jetting or a carb in general is required for highly modded thirsty engines.
A 350 is an excellent machine, as well as a great one for you to play with jetting vs mods on.
Jetting can take some trial and error to get proficient at, but once the light bulb comes on, you'll find out it's actually pretty straight forward, not that hard...and that fuel injection is wonderful...because you don't have to fool with jets anymore, lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
thanks to you guys I got them both running [email protected] @Sixpack577 and others top is the warrior and bottomis the raptor..ill be back lol more quads coming salute to the raptor forum.
Ok ill keep you posted

21 - 40 of 40 Posts