Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the last few weeks I have been trying to decide what I wanted to do with my girl and I got tired of the white plastics staining bad from this texas clay so I figured I would order new plastics to begin with so heres a few pics of the new Maier plastics and then some of them installed...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

**I know I still gotta install the key part with the silver color but this is what I got so far. Let me know what yall think..

Kyle

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks nice man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly there was some parts on the plastics that werent shaved down very well. The whole rear fender was wierd. The right side sat on the rear grab bar a little to much and wasnt sitting level with the left so I had to take a file and shave down some of the right side so it would sit level. They include alot of wierd parts to put on and since I dont have my front lights on and dont have anything custom for it they just kinda flap around up front for now. All and all it was a really nice upgrade but I was a little disapointed how they fit with the money they cost. It wasnt bad enough to not recomend them but it was bad enough that its going to take some time and a little muscle to move em around to fit. Not a fan though of the rear fenders setup for the electrical parts under the seat. Very flimsy compared to the factory oem parts but hopefully they will hold alright. If you guys got any more questions or want pics of anything in particular let me know and I will help yall out.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
^^ I agree. I have their grill and tank piece and they are not near as nice as oem. They look like a 10 year old shaved them off the mold and dont fit 100% perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I experienced that same thing on my gas tank part. Very weird actually, I dont know what I am supposed to do with the grille hooking up to the tank cover. It used to have the OEM hex key screws but now I went to put them back in and it didnt grab anything so right now I dont even have screws in that part. A little frustrated but overall still love the look of em.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Armyguy84 said:
yeah I experienced that same thing on my gas tank part. Very weird actually, I dont know what I am supposed to do with the grille hooking up to the tank cover. It used to have the OEM hex key screws but now I went to put them back in and it didnt grab anything so right now I dont even have screws in that part. A little frustrated but overall still love the look of em.

Kyle
I had the same problem and its because the maiers is a little thicker around there so the factory bolts were now too short. I went to a hardware store and for 30 cents found the exact same size allen bolts but about 1/2 inch longer and they fit beautifully. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
very nice buddy :satan:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the same problem and its because the maiers is a little thicker around there so the factory bolts were now too short. I went to a hardware store and for 30 cents found the exact same size allen bolts but about 1/2 inch longer and they fit beautifully. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

:thumbsup: thanks for the idea. I might have to do that this weekand.

Thanks for all the comments.

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts