Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
I'm looking to do some upgrades for my 07 Raptor 350. At the moment I'm looking at nerf bars and a front bumper. Any suggestions on which ones to look at? I like some of the pro armor products. Will a Raptor 700 or YFZ450 front bumper fit the Raptor 350?

Aside from those and tires, any suggestions on what to upgrade? Already have HMF exhaust. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
A good place to start for a little more power would be a jet kit and intake kit. There are quite a few nice intake kits on Ebay or from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. You can run it with no airbox lid for some more flow. Just make sure you are using a pre-filter.

Tusk is a popular nerf bar for the Raptor and can be found on Ebay for ~90-95 bucks. The Alba Pro Elites are exactly like the Tusks for about the same price. The Pro Armors are a little bit bigger which is nice but they are a little more expensive.

There are a slew of front bumpers out there for the Raptors. When I get mine I am either going with the Pro Armor MX bumper or the Alba Pro-Elite with the Alba Nerf bars.

The 700 and YFZ bumpers and nerfs will not bolt right on. To get the nerf bars to fit they will need to be shortened about 2.5" and rewelded and you'll have to fab some brackets to get the bumper to fit. There is a member on here, Midway iirc, that has YFZ nerfs and front bumper on his Rappy 350 and some fabrication work was necessary to get them to fit. He did a rather good write up of the fitment/fab process in the link below...

http://www.performancemachine.net/project_raptor_350.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate the feed back! That was an awesome link as well. I wish that the pro armor XC bumper was made for the raptor 350 as I really like the look of that one...Oh well.

Where did you find the Alba nerf bars for your 350?

Aside from K&N, any other air filters you'd recommend?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I run a Uni foam clamp on filter with no lid, definitely huge gains when I jetted and threw the new exhaust on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I found the alba nerfs on ebaymotors. Just search "raptor 350 nerf bars" and you'll get a ton of options. I've heard the UNI filters are better than the k&ns but they probably flow similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
People say that dirt and small particles could penetrate the K&N Filters and get into the engines, where as that doesn't happen as often with the UNI. I know people that have run K&N's for years so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

I run an HMF Competition Slip On pipe and jetted to 150 main and 25 pilot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've heard that too by more than a couple people. Im going to switch to a Uni filter eventually but I figure as long as I keep the K&N clean and the pre-filter on it I should be alright. My 350 has the full Yoshimura exhaust (header & slip-on) and I love it! Unfortunately I don't know what my jets are as they were in when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Robstar, how is the heat guard mounted? I've always wanted a stainless head pipe but don't want to lose the guard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The heat shield is mounted just like factory. The head pipe has little threaded bungs welded to it so the heat shield can be screwed on just like OEM. I'm assuming that is just how Yoshi makes their exhausts. I know my buddy who I bought the quad from wouldn't have done it and I doubt he'd care enough to have it done by someone else.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice pipe, Robstar! I'm jealous! Bet that bad boy sounds fantastic.

Thank you both very much for all of the advice, suggestions, and links. Extremely helpful!!! Will post pictures of the mods as soon as they happen :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
There's a sticky in the Raptor 350 section that discusses it or you can start a new thread. Generally an intake, a pipe, and jetting wakes them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts