Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting you know that a new version of SMF was released to fix a few bugs and add support for a few things, so I upgraded to it this morning. Please let me know if you notice any weird problems. Thanks :)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Dracus.. I have noticed a few things, with the forums....
Every once in a while I get a message that says something along the lines of the database not being able to be opened. It is happening daily with me, along with real slow surfing within the forums. just a heads up, I thought it was my internet connection, but that's workin fine, cuz' I cna load other pages and surf just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Here's the official message I've been getting...

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

and it has been daily for me, even on weekends... :help:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Well either Dracus is tinkering or the host is having some issues; my guess is the latter. It'll be looked into, thanks.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I got everything ready to switch hosts and then decided not to because the current host got better. They're definitely better than they were before but if it keeps hiccuping like this, I'll definitely switch it over.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know, it just breaks a lot of the custom stuff I have in place anytime I upgrade the forum so I'm waiting till I have time to fix everything ;)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cogent was having some network problems yesterday and it affected my hosting. I think everything should be back to normal now.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
RaptorForum.com is running like a Ford today ( that is for machy ;) ), seriously though it is painfully slow. :wtf: :help:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts