Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about 2 months of working and waiting on parts both quads are done. The black one i just picked up before Christmas and the carrier bearings went out shortly after and chewed up the carrier, axle, sprocket and brake roter hubs. After replacing all that and going for the after market axle carrier with the zerk fitting on the side i decided to put some new wheels on the red/grey one. I think the wheels look much better in person than in the catalog and i love the ease of mounting tires on the bead locks. I also changed out the orange/carbon fiber hood and topper for straight black ones. Since i'm not putting decals on it i figured the all black look would be better. I know the black one isn't the best looking one but its mechanically sound now and makes a great back up quad or one for buddies to ride if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Yeah those are Douglas Drift beadlocks.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Grover I'm taking it for test run down 19 wtfo for test. Hey buy the way add CAW rally link to signature like me you to Chris promotion mass give aways plus the best time east of Mississippi

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spider i was there last time you went down 19 and your riderless quad chased me down the hill! :lol:

Nothing wrong with the black one any more other than it needs to be ridden more.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The black ones has GYTR intake, exhaust, PC III. GYTR bumper, nerfs, and skids. Other than that its stock. It had the +2 a-arms and shocks but i recoated them and put them on the red one. It also had after market +4 axle but when the bearings in the carrier went out it chewed it up pretty good so i went back to the stock axle.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The black ones has GYTR intake, exhaust, PC III. GYTR bumper, nerfs, and skids. Other than that its stock. It had the +2 a-arms and shocks but i recoated them and put them on the red one. It also had after market +4 axle but when the bearings in the carrier went out it chewed it up pretty good so i went back to the stock axle.
Sounds like a good machine.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
that sucks about the +4:(

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you share the story Spider or grover?? :lol::lol::lol:
Spider hit a hill infront of us and its fairly steep with a verticle rock jump near the top that you cant see until your right on it. When he hit it the quad flipped back and rolled over him. I was running up the hill to try and get the quad off him. Ut it kept flipping and was comi g right at me so i turned and ran away to keep from getting mashed. It looked pretty bad but Spider came out with nothing broken and so did the quad.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Spider hit a hill infront of us and its fairly steep with a verticle rock jump near the top that you cant see until your right on it. When he hit it the quad flipped back and rolled over him. I was running up the hill to try and get the quad off him. Ut it kept flipping and was comi g right at me so i turned and ran away to keep from getting mashed. It looked pretty bad but Spider came out with nothing broken and so did the quad.
Go hard or go home.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
LMAO ya crazy sob's LOL me thinks someones been dipping their hands in my med pot...ROFL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts