Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum (and my 06 Raptor 700). The wife decided to let me spend some of the tax money on some parts for my toy. I already have the full GYTR exhaust, GYTR intake/filter and Power Commander. The mechanic at the local dealership recommended the following to ensure that I can beat my friend's YFZ450. What he recommended is a 12:1 Wiseco piston, Stage 2 Web Cam, and head/intake porting. What do you all think of this combo?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think you'll beat him with just what you got.

With all that snazz on your bike, no reason it couldnt be pushing around 55hp at the wheels. It would take a lot (more displacement) for a YFZ to mach that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I forgot to mention that I already have the UM aluminum air box that I am putting on later this week.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think your pretty set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's no way he'd beat him with just those upgrades that he has now. Remember, a 450 is 50 pounds lighter & will rev MUCH quicker. With the rest of the engine mods he should though, as long as the yfz isn't simialarly modded....

·
Registered
791 Posts
the 700 will beat the 450 mod fof mod and stock. the 450 will beat it threw about third gear and then the raptor will pull ahead. i own both and the raptor will beat it.
and back on subject i would go with a 11.1 piston a 12.5 piston would require race fuel and x1/x2 megacycle cam i went with the x1 and i cant wait for it to get here

·
Registered
644 Posts
Lancester said:
There's no way he'd beat him with just those upgrades that he has now. Remember, a 450 is 50 pounds lighter & will rev MUCH quicker. With the rest of the engine mods he should though, as long as the yfz isn't simialarly modded....
It's not 50 lbs, more like 30-35lbs. And all of it is in the motor.

YFZ's are already wound pretty tight from the factory.... they are running (I believe) 12:1 comp. Unless you want a big bore, there isn't much outside the top three that you can do to get a lot more power. Build a 3 mod Raptor at 12:1, and lookout :eek:

I have two friends with Nicely modded 450's (TRX an YFZ) and I beat them with just a airbox, no controller. I also weigh 60lbs + more than them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Stage 2 cam isn't even worth it the Stage 3 is way better I think they should discontinue the stage 2 cam

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Raptorjunkyard said:
Stage 2 cam isn't even worth it the Stage 3 is way better I think they should discontinue the stage 2 cam
Why is the stage 3 so much better than the stage 2? Can you still run the stage 3 in the woods? I am putting in a stage 3 and would like to know more about how it runs. Thank you

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ya why is the stage 3 so much better than the stage 2???

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think what hes saying is that the stage 2 is the same price as a stage 3, It requires the same mods and you wont be saving anything buy going with a 2 vs. 3. Now a stage 1 we understand that you can use your stock springs, which greatly save time and money buy not having to pull the top end apart. Its also much easy to install which for most means they dont have to take it to an outside repair shop.

Now between the stage 2 and 3 youll gain more in the top end with a stage 3. And its also been debated that the low end is not going to be sacrificed either way. We also have debated the 700 is a low end torque monster to start with.

Now with that said, and the stage 2 and 3 costing the same, and both requireing the same springs and retainers, and install. More power being slightly in the stage 3 way even go with the stage 2?
Hes thinking either save money and install time and labor and go with the stage one, or go with the stage 3 and get the most power output.

It can be debated both ways, but I also will go with the stage 3 and not even mess with the stage 2. Stage 3 havent been out as long as stage 3's either. Also I believe only webb makes a stage 3 right? So I dont think they get as talked about due to these 2 facts.

Someone could correct me on this but I also think the X2 is very close to webb stage 3 specs right? I think it falls right in the middle of stage 2-3 webb cams? Every stage 2 is a little different. Some are more agressive then others to begin with. If this is true then people that go with the X2 are really going with specs close to a stage 3 cam are are not complaining. Further debates the web stage is more fo those that cant make up their mind. Either save money are go for it. Stage III

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Someone could correct me on this but I also think the X2 is very close to webb stage 3 specs right? I think it falls right in the middle of stage 2-3 webb cams? Every stage 2 is a little different. Some are more agressive then others to begin with. If this is true then people that go with the X2 are really going with specs close to a stage 3 cam are are not complaining. Further debates the web stage is more fo those that cant make up their mind. Either save money are go for it. Stage III

I haven't even looked at the web stage III specs but I know the X-2 Specs:
Valve Lift - .480" in, .445"exh
Duration at .040" 264 deg int, 260 deg exh
Lobe Centers: 104 deg int and exh

Can someone list the cam specs for the Web stage III ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts