Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was thinking of upgrading my raptor with out doing anything to the engine because i dont really want to fool around with it. i was thinking of maybe widening it or getting tires, and definately a sprocket but dont know what else is worth it.

so basically what can i get to make it better and look more racey or perform better with out doing anything with the engine I.E. cams, piston or bore kit?

current mods:
HMF competition series slip on
K&N filter, no airbox lid
rejetted properly
nerfs and full skids
keep in mind i ride all trails as for i live in CT with no dunes around :(

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so i was thinking of upgrading my raptor with out doing anything to the engine because i dont really want to fool around with it. i was thinking of maybe widening it or getting tires, and definately a sprocket but dont know what else is worth it.

so basically what can i get to make it better and look more racey or perform better with out doing anything with the engine I.E. cams, piston or bore kit?

current mods:
HMF competition series slip on
K&N filter, no airbox lid
rejetted properly
nerfs and full skids
keep in mind i ride all trails as for i live in CT with no dunes around :(
Remove the spark arrestor, install a kit to remove the airbox lid and rejet to 148 mains and one size bigger pilot................

·
Registered
435 Posts
get rid of the slip on and put a full system on...slip ons are just expensive noise makers...

·
Registered
866 Posts
An aftermarket CDI won't do anything much for you now. I'd say get a good full system exhaust and jet it, and an intake kit if your K&N is the replacement filter. And then wider would be good too, if you have the budget I'd say extended a arms and an extended axle. And some Holeshots or Razrs.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
On the warriors the Dyna FS does help some, on ours you could feel the difference......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so im looking at getting the CDI but not sure about the full exhaust. can i just get a different head pipe to match with my HMF i have now? and instead of getting new a-arms can i just go with a widening kit and a G force axle, or should i not cut corners and get the a-arms?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
to hell with a full exhaust, useless on the 350s. a slip on hmf comp will provide a good incease

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could get a "G" Force axle and reverse your front wheels ... Cheap upgrades that will make your handling better.I just installed a Procom CDI box in my 04 Raptor,picked it up from Alba racing for $70.00 dollars.
Supposed to improve throttle response and low end grunt !

Cheers !
Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could get a "G" Force axle and reverse your front wheels ... Cheap upgrades that will make your handling better.I just installed a Procom CDI box in my 04 Raptor,picked it up from Alba racing for $70.00 dollars.
Supposed to improve throttle response and low end grunt !

Cheers !
Phil
ok so the G force i can get on ebay pretty cheap but how reliable is turning the wheels inside out? i mean i dont feel like thats what your supposed to do, so how about a widening kit?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
its reliable, i still run spacers even though i have +2's. i have the gforce also, it's a deal

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so im thinking for now im going to get the axle and a new sprocket, probably go one tooth bigger in the front, and maybe once summer comes around look into the Dyna more

now with tires, what are some cheaper options other than rzr's and itp's?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I had my quad set up with spacers and the front wheels flipped. But I didnt want to wear out my ball-joints. Also, if you dont have spacers on the front, flipping the front wheels wont work, because the valve stem will hit on the brake system. Here is a pic of how wide it looks. I am going to get the a-arms powdercoated because of all the rust. What about a HC1 cam. Or a GForce axle and Full Flight a-arms. You could make it 4" wider for $550 with the price of lines. Messing with gearing also helps. I had on a 12t on the front and switched to stock and gained almost 2mph.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
ok so im thinking for now im going to get the axle and a new sprocket, probably go one tooth bigger in the front, and maybe once summer comes around look into the Dyna more

now with tires, what are some cheaper options other than rzr's and itp's?
bkt xdrives

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had my quad set up with spacers and the front wheels flipped. But I didnt want to wear out my ball-joints. Also, if you dont have spacers on the front, flipping the front wheels wont work, because the valve stem will hit on the brake system. Here is a pic of how wide it looks. I am going to get the a-arms powdercoated because of all the rust. What about a HC1 cam. Or a GForce axle and Full Flight a-arms. You could make it 4" wider for $550 with the price of lines. Messing with gearing also helps. I had on a 12t on the front and switched to stock and gained almost 2mph.
i like the look of the front and with only the spacers that shouldnt be that expensive. i was thinking about full flights but i also heard that a lot of people didnt like them and said that i was better off going with better quality ones. where did you get the spacers, rocky mountain because i found some on there that seem pretty good, made by durablue.

and im also going to to go with the 14 tooth sprocket to get that little extra top speed

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
i got my a arms for 200 used. the only spacers id recommend is the rock billet ones, thats what i use and their awsome. only do a 14 tooth if you have a good amount of mods or 20's

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
My quad had them on it when I got it. They are Dura-Blue Graph-Lite's. They are really expensive. Like $250 for all 4. I would get billet ones also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got my a arms for 200 used. the only spacers id recommend is the rock billet ones, thats what i use and their awsome. only do a 14 tooth if you have a good amount of mods or 20's
the billet ones look good, how much do they widen though in total. and did you get your a arms off of ebay for that cheap? also how hard are the spacers to install?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
:lol: It is harder to take off a handle bar grip than it is to install spacers. You pull off your wheel, take out the bolts and put in the new ones and then slide the spacer on and then put on your wheel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lol: It is harder to take off a handle bar grip than it is to install spacers. You pull off your wheel, take out the bolts and put in the new ones and then slide the spacer on and then put on your wheel.
hahaha well then i guess that is easy then...im definitely going to get those and possibly the G force axle. but maybe the CDI before the axle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts