Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 raptor 250 se with full fmf exhuast gytr jet kit uni air filter baja swingarm skid plate. Was wanting to see if anyone can tell me some reasonable priced upgrades that i can add on myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
different tires than stock make a big difference.
+1 on the nerfs, they look cool and add a lot of safety
nice graffix add a couple HP:D:D
kill tether

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't understand that some people with the same quad run such larger jets with almost the same mods i have. do i need to go with the bigger jets in the carb already put in the main 135,low27.5,neetle on 3rd notch mix screw stock setting. Am i robbing myself of power or what?

·
Registered
836 Posts
can't understand that some people with the same quad run such larger jets with almost the same mods i have. do i need to go with the bigger jets in the carb already put in the main 135,low27.5,neetle on 3rd notch mix screw stock setting. Am i robbing myself of power or what?
Would you happening to be talking about someone like myself? lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
Theres a few reasons why I run big jetting.

1.) If it's running just slightly rich when its 0 degrees out, then it will run all year without ever needing to be rejetted. It's a pain in the ass jetting the carb.

2.) I Prefer to run my bikes a little rich. For a few reasons (Engine runs a little cooler, no jetting problems in different seasons, and i'm getting back at the EPA for bringing all their emissions crap into this sport when they could be saving trees in other ways that they choose to ignore.)

3.)Also my elevation is pretty low (500 ft) so I also need bigger jets in order to even out the air/fuel mixture. When I originally got my raptor, the engine was running lean because the lower your elevation, the more oxygen rich the air is, and the more air there is in general. So when you have all that extra air, you need the extra fuel as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
no the lid is still on the box. but i have been considering a ehs air lid . what jet kit did you use because the gytr kit i have only goes up to a 140 main

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't remove the air lid, you get more flow leaving it on and installing Air Vents or the EHS Lid. I know this because I have done testing with this myself and concluded that with the current jetting I have, I am getting more air into the motor with the lid on and 10 uni air vents installed then when there is no lid on the airbox. When I tried running without a lid, once the engine got into like the 5k rpm range, it would bog and not rev any higher (too much fuel, not enough air.) With the lid on, the engine has no problem pulling up to the rev limiter. Also when the airbox lid is installed and you have uni vents, or the ehs kit, its also a lot quieter then when there is no lid.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Jet Kits are a waste of money... I would just buy from jetsrus.com. Thats what I did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
With my sons 250 , im running a 165 main jet in it. It has the full CT racing exhaust, k&n filter without the lid, and their needle. This is what CT recomended with their kit. Motor is all stock. I was skeptical about running that big of jet also, but the quad runs perfect!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say buy full skids if you have the a arm already and smaller sprockets helped the torque in mine alot. And definitely a new pair of ITP holeshots never hurts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts