Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 rapror 350 se and was wondering what some relatively cheap upgrades would be to get a few more horses out of this thing thank in advance for the help

·
Registered
305 Posts
PRO DESIGN intake With K&N filter, Slip on exhaust (dont waist your money on a full it doesnt produce any more HP) re jet the carb and add a tooth lower front sprocket. you should be good to go.
I run a HMF slip-on.

·
Registered
751 Posts
agreed, the wife has a 04 and all we did so far to it was the hmf slip on.. surprisingly there was a noticable difference in power.. here is a picture of hers. I was amazed on how the color of the exhaust matches the frame perfectly

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can save money and mod your own pipe, leave pipe muffler on and just take the baffle out, cut screen baffle and 1/2" pipe out with hacksaw so just the 1" clear pipe is left on baffle, then gut or cut everything out of muffler, ther is a thin metal baffle about 10" - 12"inside the muffler you can beat out with a long solid shaft, I beat mine out with a concrete rebarb, works and sounds like aftermarket pipe, then jet your carb, raise needle 1 clip up and 4 turns out on your air screw, if you want a little more speed drop the rear sprocket to a 37 tooth and go up on the main jet to a 145, I tried 1 tooth larger on the front spocket it was a little to much the 37 tooth on the rear should be just right, I would leave the air box lid on it stops alot of dirt from entering the motor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I guess that would work if you on a budget. :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
for the high price you pay for a after market slip on, I mod. my stock pipe and get the same performance out of it, put a 10.5 - 1 compression piston $80. and put a hot rods stroker crank $270. I did this to my 1988 warrior and why would leave that setup in my garage, because it looks all stock or because it will smoke a 2007 400ex or because it cost as much as a after market slipon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey you wouldnt happen to be interested in a dynojet kit stage 1 for the raptor 350... I bought it for my 06 but ended up selling the bike...

Ill sell it for 35$ Shipped if your interested? Its brand new and I payed 60$ for it

I take paypal

PM me...

Sorry I dont have enough posts but Im really trying to get rid of this thing..

Let me know!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I highly doubt your getting the same performance out of our chopped up stock exhaust. Spend the two hundred buck and feel the difference.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the slip ons more like $350, Im saying you can put your $350 to better use to get more HP then just on a slip on pipe where your stock pipe can work just as good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i hate to jump in this argument but i guess i will......Im sure your bike rips with the stock exhaust and all that motor work done and thats sweet :thumbsup:......and if u are on a budget gutting your stock pipe is the way to go.....but if you have a little money to spend I recomend just suckin it up and getting the aftermarket exhaust...I just put a full system on my raptor and just the looks alone (performance aside) makes the whole bike stand out......I mean if your are going to make your bike fast why not make it look good also while your ripping down the trail.....I know that might sound alittle ignorent but different strokes for different folks...right? ;).....well thats kinda my opinon on an aftermarkt exhaust from a more "looks" perspective rather than performance view....but like they say"opinons are like assholes everyones got one"....lol..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts