Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been toying around with the idea of upgrading to a precision shock and anti-vibe handlebar clamp. I was going to order from Motosport.com because they had it in stock along with some other parts I needed but they only have it in the 1 1/8 size. I'm currently running the stock bars which are 7/8. So I was thinking about upgrading to the 1 1/8 bar to fit the new clamp. I was thinking around about bends and I know that in the past raptors had to have a real high rise because of the higher fuel tanks. I know as of 2013 they lowered the fuel tank height. With the lowered fuel tank is the rise still a concern? I was thinking about just getting the pro-taper contours and I think I'd like the ATV bends with a little less sweep than the raptor bends which have over an inch more of sweep, but there is a big difference in rise which I think is still a product of the old raptors. What are your guys thoughts. Thanks!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,405 Posts
I think I would get the Raptor bend. If they are to wide, you can trim some from each side. Or, get clamps to fit your bars.

Did you try Rocky Mountain ATV, (RMATV)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I would get the Raptor bend. If they are to wide, you can trim some from each side. Or, get clamps to fit your bars.
I'm not super concerned with the width its more the actual sweep of the bars. I think that I would like a straighter bar and the ATV bends have over an inch less of sweep. All the ATV bars though have less rise which I was hoping wouldn't be an issue on the newer models. I typically buy everything from Rocky Mountain but they don't have the Precision Clamps for the Raptor stock stem or I would go through them.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
I have tried the Raptor bend and the ATV mid bend. Both times with a trailtech bar clamp which raised the bars approximately 2 inches. The Raptor bend was far too high, and would have needed extended cables if I stuck with it. The ATV mid worked very nicely for me. I also preferred having less sweep.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
Oh, and that's on an 07

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried the Raptor bend and the ATV mid bend. Both times with a trailtech bar clamp which raised the bars approximately 2 inches. The Raptor bend was far too high, and would have needed extended cables if I stuck with it. The ATV mid worked very nicely for me. I also preferred having less sweep.
Thanks for the input. I'm not exactly sure how the Precision Clamp is going to affect bar height. I've been running stock with 30mm Tusk risers. Id imagine it would be either similar or just shorter than that. I might split the difference and go with a ATV High Bend

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'm not exactly sure how the Precision Clamp is going to affect bar height. I've been running stock with 30mm Tusk risers. Id imagine it would be either similar or just shorter than that. I might split the difference and go with a ATV High Bend
I think the precision will lift you around 40mm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think the precision will lift you around 40mm.
Really? Everything I've been finding seems to say about a half an inch. 40mm would be almost an inch and a half. Did you see this number somewhere or was it just an approximation?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Check out kbmotorsports.com or just give Kenneth a call. I almost bet he will beat RMATV on price and he will know all about the rise with the adapter for a stock stem.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
I have a set of the Precision Anti-vibe clamps for phat bars in stock. I believe there is a 3/4" actual rise, I can check when I get into the shop tomorrow.

I run the ATV Mid bend bars on the Trial tech clamp that is about a 2" rise. Raptor bend might be a little too much, could use longer cables. ATV mid bend might be a little too short.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Raptor bend might be a little too much, could use longer cables. ATV mid bend might be a little too short.
Yeah I think I'm going to go with the ATV High Bend. I don't think losing a bit of height will bother me as much as having too much sweep. I've seemed to have talked myself into wanting a straighter bar. I'll probably end up hating it lol.

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
taller people like/want straighter bars. to get give them knee and elbow room.

I'm 5'10" and I like the extra height, about 3/4" that I have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts