Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i did the bushing on the a arms today on my 01 raptor 660 and i cant get the upper bolt out the long one.i tryed everything besides put heat to it.they are really hard to turn its almost like something is holding it in the and wont let it slide out.wtf could it be

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
the bolts are moving that the weird part i tried everything
The bolts is rusted into a long steel sleeve inside the a arm, which holds the bushings in place, you could remove the grease nipple, and drill into the sleeve, fill it with penetrating oil.............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o ok yea i didnt think about that i have had it in mud water and dirt ill try that you think pb blaster will work the best

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
im having the same problem. got everything off the right side except the top a-arm. besides drilling are there any other solutions?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yep RUST...I did mying a few days ago...I had to grind the head off the bolt & push/hammer them out...I put never seize on the new bolts...:D

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
how did you hammer them out? seems like it would hit the motor before it came out?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yep RUST...I did mying a few days ago...I had to grind the head off the bolt & push/hammer them out...I put never seize on the new bolts...:D
how did you hammer them out? seems like it would hit the motor before it came out?
Now that I think about it...I had to grind the nut's off..They were corroded & striped.After that I used some good penitraiting lube & hammerd them out toward's the front of the bike.It was a PITA. I also had to remove my front bumper.
Good luck..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Sawzall the a arm off and buy +2s. When you put the new ones on make sure you coat the long bolt with antisiez. That will keep this from happening.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
so is there no way to get the bolt out without cutting it or drilling into it? i dont wanna buy another bolt:'(

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so is there no way to get the bolt out without cutting it or drilling into it? i dont wanna buy another bolt:'(
All I can say is, the best of luck, if it is seized in there as bad as I have seen, they are a PITA to get out.............

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
All I can say is, the best of luck, if it is seized in there as bad as I have seen, they are a PITA to get out.............
Yep, my a arm bolts were a real PITA to get out , but it can be done with a BFH , some good lube , posibly a grinder & a bit of luck

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i got it out without drilling or cutting. i beat a chisel in between the bolt and frame until i got a small gap. pried it out with a screwdriver as much as i could then put a pair of channel locks on the head of the bolt and hit the channel locks with a hammer until the bolt came out. it took a bit more time than what was suggested, but i dont have to buy another bolt :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts