Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Holeshot HD's today. :thumbsup: These things look mean. Can't wait to ride them.

I have a question and before I get flammed I am just looking for an opinion. I have searched and kinda think I have my answer but if you could reassure me that would be great.
I am leaving for Moab this Thursday and I just bought the Holeshot HD's 22 X 7 X 10 and 20 X 11 X 9 My questions is I have the Renthal 15 tooth but have not put it on yet. I am thinking about changing it before the Moab trip but I do not have any time before I leave to test out the new tires and the 15 together to see if I would like it. What are your opinions on these tire sizes and the 15 tooth combo. I just don't want to get all the way out there and hate the changes.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I run 22s in the rear and the 14 tooth and I would NOT recommend putting in the 15 tooth.
Stock power with 22s and a 14 tooth is kinda weak in torque, with a 15 is would be lame.
Now with the big three, 22s and a 14 tooth would be perfect torque and a 15 would be so so torque.

G

·
w/ 20's on the rear the 15T should lengthen your gearing very nicely - if u don't like it its a 10 min change...

·
Registered
119 Posts
that is roughly the same as stock size. Put the 15th on, if you've done some other mods. If not, it will feel very slugish of the bottom until the mid/top comes alive. the rear is where you need to concern yourself on tire size and sprocket size. 20" rear and 15th. 22" rear 14th. 21" rear 15th and some engine mods is what I will most likely be running here shortly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts