Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The UPS guy just delivered my 'goodie box' a full HMF exhaust (performance series) :beer: I'll be out in the garage tonight after the kiddies are in bed installing it. Guess who's just gonna have to piss off some neighbors tomorrow? :)

Any tips on the install? It looks pretty staight forward and I don't expect any surprises... but sometimes you just don't know. I got some new yami header gaskets from the stealer so I shouldn't have to worry about an exhaust leak at the head. Funny...the instructions say reuse the stockers. :confused:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Any tips on the install? It looks pretty staight forward and I don't expect any surprises... but sometimes you just don't know. I got some new yami header gaskets from the stealer so I shouldn't have to worry about an exhaust leak at the head. Funny...the instructions say reuse the stockers. :confused:
Yea you can reuse the stock gaskets.

Put a little antiziez on the inside of the slip joint where the silencer slides on to the header. This will help it come appart when need be.

Wipe the header down with alochol or acetone after you install it or right before you fire it up. It will remove finger prints / oil. Finger prints or oil can cause a blotchy look when it burns off.

Dont over tighten the header nuts those studs are small and can break off easly. Just make sure you check they are snug after you fire it up and warm it up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
installation done

Got it all together. Took about 1 hour 45 minutes...but I was taking my time since I had not done it before. It was pretty straight forward. Thanks for the tips 03! The exhaust bolted up pretty easily. The instuctions warned it was a tight fit and would require some 'elbow grease' to get it all connected - but I didn't find it too difficult.

The only thing that sucks is its just after 11pm, so I can't fire it up until tomorrow :(

But once it reaches a 'reasonable' hour tomorrow morning....I hope the neighbors all have ear plugs.... :satan:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea. Got the vitos kit a couple months ago, so I have up to a 165 main out in the garage. I will probably have to go up at least one size from what I have now (see sig.) May have to raise the clip a notch on the needle too....

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
The UPS guy just delivered my 'goodie box' a full HMF exhaust (performance series) :beer: I'll be out in the garage tonight after the kiddies are in bed installing it. Guess who's just gonna have to piss off some neighbors tomorrow? :)

That is because they are to cheap to give new ones...........

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just did a couple of laps behind the neighborhood. Man, shes a beast. 3rd gear felt like a jet going down the tarmack. White knuckle balls to the wall accerlation! Oh, and yes, its loud as hell. I'll probably have to get the quiet insert for my 'back street' laps so the neighbors don't get too pissy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just did a couple of laps behind the neighborhood. Man, shes a beast. 3rd gear felt like a jet going down the tarmack. White knuckle balls to the wall accerlation! Oh, and yes, its loud as hell. I'll probably have to get the quiet insert for my 'back street' laps so the neighbors don't get too pissy.
I just make quick laps and put it away and never fails about 2 or 3 min later cops roll down the street. Its just funny to me, it happens every time. Some people around here just wait around to here my bike and get right on the phone.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I just make quick laps and put it away and never fails about 2 or 3 min later cops roll down the street. Its just funny to me, it happens every time. Some people around here just wait around to here my bike and get right on the phone.
That is when you give the the false alarm. Just fire it up and dont ride it. That way they get on the phone to tell on you. After a while the local police will write them off as a joke. You can only cry wolf so many times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
sickkkkk idea 03, im trying it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yea, you should do like Chong in one of the Cheech and Chong movies where he has that bike parked inside the house. He sits on it, starts it up and then just cranks the rpms several times with the exhaust firing out an open living room window....just to piss off his neighbor! What a classic scene!!

I can't do that b/c my neighbors aren't that close, even though I do live in a 'planned' subdivision. Plus, I actually do have good neighbors. My next door neighbor has two older boys and they all had matching monster edition Kawi bikes and used to ride at a local track (he sold them a few months back). So at least they think my raptor is cool :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
That is when you give the the false alarm. Just fire it up and dont ride it. That way they get on the phone to tell on you. After a while the local police will write them off as a joke. You can only cry wolf so many times.
thank you, that one gave me some laughs I badly needed... sucks for me, my neighbors are too close for that to work and they know when I'm actually riding it I'm sure as the load/going thru the gears gives it more sound. still made me laugh tho lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts