Raptor Forum banner

Urmosi thumb throttle alternative

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  KB Motorsports 
#1 ·
Any good thumb throttle alternatives to Urmosi? I’d buy one but they are $200+

I’ve seen some billet aluminum copy cats but not sure if anyone has experience with them.

#2 ·
First of all, the Urmosi is awesome! Lol. I get not wanting to drop the money on one though. We did a group buy a few years back and got a better deal but its still pricey. I have heard the honda thumb throttle is a better alternative than the oem, but have no firsthand experience with that swap

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
For me, its totally worth it. The joint where my thumb connects to my hand would get so sore that the only comfortable positions were at idle and wide open. As @morphrider says, now i can go all day with the Urmosi. The group buy saved us all $50. We got 5 forum members to go in together, with as many new members as we have you might try to do that again! I was able to get the pro version for the cost of the base one, or the guys that got the base one got it for well under $200. "Urmosi group buy" to see the thread

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider
#7 ·
My thumb never bothered me, I bought the Urmosi because of it's flat cable side, to better fit my custom controls setup, but it is a great throttle.
It has good adjustment too, up/down and 3 positions in and out.
Move the lever back and it gets even easier to push, great for lazy cruising, and it adjusts back in seconds.
There are alot of parts, and all high quality, so I can understand the price.

Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Cylinder Gas Wood Metal Composite material
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood Material property
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Cylinder Gas Wood Metal Composite material
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood Material property
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Reflex camera

#8 ·
You should look at the kolpin handy throttle on amazon for about $40. I have installed them on all 3 of our atv’s and my wife and i like them. Takes about 5 min. To install and you can still use the thumb throttle with it installed if you wish. Highly recommend them. See youtube for easy install.

#16 ·
I’m not sure if this is common knowledge, but raptors have had 2 different thumb throttle styles. I’m not sure which years had which, but the one is significantly more comfortable than the other. Mine is an 09 and came with the less comfortable kind. I believe the crappy style was 09-12, but not 100% sure. I swapped mine for an 07 throttle and it is so much nicer

If you look online, the different styles had different shaped top covers. The first pic is the one you DONT want

My thumb used to get so sore after a day of riding, after the swap I never think about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.