Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new to these forums but been around ATVs a loooong time. Until now i have purchased all of my toys brand new, but i have been checking out eBay and the used prices look fantastic. At the moment im currently looking at a used 700r with the full alum skidplates (except a-arms), bumpers, tires and wheels, AND a 3 year warranty for about $5500. I think that sounds like a killer deal imo, but what does the community think? Is new that important? Or are these motors bulletproof to the point where if the last owner abused it a lil bit, i should still be fine? Lemme know what you guys think, im still debating as i await a big ass check form the bank on friday :grin_nod:

BTW heres a link, no shipping required either since its not far from me, which makes this deal sound even sweeter...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAPTOR-700-400EX-KFX400-LTZ400-TRX450-YZF450_W0QQitemZ160054169389QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6725QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've always been a little hesitant of purchasing used because you never know if maintenance was performed when it should have been or not. I say if it's close enough to you go and take a look at it and talk with the owner a bit, see what kind of vibe you get from him. Right now here locally there blowing out the 06's for around $6000 so it's up to you if a $500 difference is worth it or not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True... im kinda nervous about used products for the most part... i liked it at first cause it had some of the mods i want already on it, but im starting to lean torwards new (dont like the white color scheme too much anyway ><). I might just troll out the cash and pick up a SE or GYTR, dunno yet...

edit: i cant spell

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have always bought new. I like to know what has been done to it. If I buy used and dont know the previous owner I get paranoid. I bought mine new and was willing to pay the price.. However, I bought my girls raptor350 used. It needed a clutch and the rear brakes were smoked. Easy fix but new you dont have to worry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts